1971 Dodge Challenger 340 Non R/T Formal Roof Black Houndstooth Graveyard Carz
Price: - Item location: Springfield, Oregon, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Challenger
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 999999999
- VIN: JH23H1B175459
- Color: Black
- Transmission: Automatic
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Dodge ChallengerULTRA RARE1971 Challenger 340/AutomaticA78 Formal Roof PackageTX9 Black over Houndstooth
You are bidding on one of the rarest 1971 Challengers we've seen at Graveyard Carz. True, it's not a Hemi or Six Pack, not even a convertible. However, in the world of rare, desirable and unique, this one has it all.
This is an original California car with absolutely minimal rust, if any. Even the trunk floor is not rusted. It has had a roof section put on it at some point in it's life. It's also had crappy body work done and primered. I have personally combed this car and it has a great body and is a perfect candidate for restoration. It is also being featured in this season of Graveyard Carz.
This 2 fender tag car is going to be an absolute show stopper wherever it goes. Being it's not an R/T (JS23) it came with the original flat hood that is still on the car. I think that's the coolest thing in a world of bulge hoods and shakers. Very, very unique. The fact that it's a Formal Roof car in all likelihood makes it a one of one. This was a full undercoat car (J55) so the bottom of the car will be absolutely beautiful once it's dipped.
Basically this is a 1971 Challenge Special Edition except for the fact Dodge didn't make a "29" series Challenger in 1971.
Find a more desirable project car out there than a 1971 Challenger 340/automatic, Black exterior, White Vinyl Top, Houndstooth Interior, Air Conditioning, Rallye Instrument Cluster, Formal Roof, Rear Luggage Rack, Flat Hood, Molding Package, Painted on Black Stripes and 15X7 rallye wheels.
Currently I do not have a title in hand. I have an appointment for a VIN inspection at the DMV this week so that I can complete my lien paperwork and get the title. Clear title is guaranteed but will take 4-8 weeks to receive due to Covid.
- Everything you see in the pictures.
- Non numbers matching 340 short block that's been rebuilt by us.
- All trim and moldings except nameplates.
- Excellent Grill and Headlight Bezels (need restored)
- Exterior Mirrors (restorable)
- Overhead consolette (restorable).
- 15X7 Rallye Wheels (original)
- Luggage Rack (restorable)
- Cylinder Heads
- Intake, Carb, Manifolds
- Formed Headliner
- Underhood A/C Components
- Locking Gas Cap
Fender Tags Broken Down:
- E55- 340 HP
- D32- HD 727 Torqueflite
- TX9- Formal Black
- H5XX- Black and White Cloth Seats (houndstooth for '71)
- 000- Full Door Trim Panels
- A09- SPD October 9, 1970
- V1W- White Vinyl Top
- A46- Molding Package (Belt, Rocker, Fender, Hood, Grille Surround)
- A62- Rallye Instrument Cluster
- A78- Formal Roof Package w/overhead consolette
- B51- Power Disc Brakes
- C16- Center Console
- C26- Overhead Consolette
- C55- Bucket Seats
- G11- Tinted Glass
- G31- Chrome RH outside Racing Mirror
- G33- Chrome LH outside Racing Mirror
- H51- Air Conditioning
- J25- 3 Speed wipers
- J41- Pedal Dress Up Kit
- J46- Locking Gas Cap
- M21- Drip Rail Moldings
- M25- Body Sill Moldings
- M31- Body Belt Moldings
- M42- Front Stone Shield Moldings
- M44- Hood Rear and Fender Moldings (rear)
- M91- Luggage Rack
- CTC- Continued
- JH23- H1B-175459 VIN
- N41- Dual Exhaust
- N42- Bright Tips
- N85- 8k Tachometer
- N95- Evaporative Emissions
- R11- Radio AM
- V7X- Hand Painted Longitudinal Pinstripes Black (Incredibly rare on a black car)
- 26- 26" Radiator
Bid with confidence and please ask any question ahead of purchase or bidding. I can also restore this car for you but is not included in this auction.