1946 Dodge Power Wagon --
Welcome to StreetDreamsTexas as we celebrate our 18th year in the classic and muscle car business. The famous Dodge Power-Wagon was a civilian adaptation of a four-wheel drive 3/4-ton military vehicle which Dodge built in great numbers during World War II. The civilian version first offered in 1946 was rated as a one-ton but was capable of carrying a 3000 pound payload in off-highway service. Dodge engineered the Power-Wagon to be a self-propelled power plant and it was capable of a wide range of industrial and agricultural applications. A transmission power-take-off was available (present here) for driving various items of auxiliary equipment. Our example features a PTO driven winch that looks like it could pull a mountain! This truck was purchased in 1946 from French Tool and Supply Company in Odessa Texas which was the local Mopar dealer. It was immediately sent to Rhodes Welding in Penwell Texas for installation of the bed. The truck then remained on the ranch owned by the same family for 71 years! The professional restoration was performed in Kingsland Texas by Randy Printz of Hill Country Rod Shop. The owner stated that he spent roughly $40000 on the restoration. The cab sports fresh paint good glass and bright trim that compliments the fresh upholstery and upgraded Omega Kustom Instruments in the restored dash. The original 230ci L-head I6 engine has been replaced with another 230ci L-head I6 from an early '50's Dodge M37 which spins the original 4-speed manual transmission. The entire bed and the floor of the cab have been Rhino Lined for added protection. This is a fantastic one-family-owned ranch truck that is looking for a new family to please. Here's to the next 71 years! Street Dreams is a full service dealership that can assist with worldwide delivery insurance and financing options.