1969 DODGE CHARGER R/T - NUMBERS MATCHING Car - 440 Magnum / Console Automatic
Price: - Item location: Fairfax Station, Virginia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Charger
- Trim: R/T
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 69,000
- VIN: XS29L9B421348
- Color: B5 Blue
- Engine size: 440 Magnum
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Dodge Charger R/T1969 Dodge Charger R/T
Offered for sale is our REAL "XS29L9B" Coded Charger R/T - this is NOT a cloned car, or car with a bunch of stories. This is the real deal.
Featuring its original, NUMBERS MATCHING 440 Magnum Engine and A727 Automatic Transmission.
(Updated with electronic ignition, modern carburetor and manifold, distributor, and air cleaner assembly - Also changed to 3 Spoke Dodge woodgrain styled Steering Wheel - I have the original parts, and they are included, including the pie-tin air cleaner and valve covers, steering wheel, etc.).
- Finished in B5 Blue exterior with Blue Bucket Seat interior (C55), and Center Console (C16), the car has had one repaint (around 1985), and presents very well (scroll over pics for larger size).
- This car also is originally equipped with Tinted Glass (G11), Air Conditioning (H51), Body Mouldings (M21 and M31), AM Radio (R11), Black Vinyl Roof (V1X), and Black R/T Stripe (V8X).
- All matching numbers on this car, including, aside from the engine and transmission, the body numbers on the radiator core support, trunk opening, and VIN plate, the Fender Tag is also present. I have the original Broadcast (build) Sheet, and the Window Sticker. All documents are consistent and proper.This is a NUMBERS MATCHING car.
The car was professionally appraised in a 22-Page report in November 2014, and was found to be an excellent example of an original 1969 Dodge Charger R/T.
This 1969 Dodge Charger R/T has been garage kept since 1985 and was kept in a carport before then. It's a solid car, and very well preserved. Pride in ownership shows throughout.This car is a time capsule,well-preserved and kept dry. It was not used or driven in the elements, and looks fantastic!!
The doors shut like new, no sagging in them at all - did I mention this car is a very nice example of a 69 R/T Charger?
The car drives exceptionally nice, the speedometer is accurate, and a very enjoyable classic muscle car which would be the prize in any collection. I have owned 2nd Generation Dodge Chargers for 27 years, and this has been the best! The car turns heads wherever it goes. It's a LOT of fun!!
- This summer, we took a 180 mile road trip. Car ran straight down the highway at 70 MPH, and needed only one or two fingers on the wheel tosteer. So smooth!! Car got so many "thumbs-ups" and cell phone pictures taken. If you like attention, you will LOVE this car!!
- For disclosure: there is light checking in the upper door panels (mostly original interior), the fuel gauge does not function, or the wipers, and the driver seat has a very discrete 2" split in a seam. You also may want to charge the air conditioning. There are a few very minor chips or blemishes in the paint (which are so minor, they do not show up in pics), as one would expect from a 32-year old finish.Make no mistake however, this car presents itself exceptionally well, and drives like a dream.
- The floors are solid, and so are frame rails, suspension boxes, etc. (pics are included in this listing).
- Mileage is approximately 69,000 - and the paperwork shows this to be actual.
- Clear title, in my name. No excuses, no games. Please do not bid if you are not serious or able to complete the sale. If you have less than 10 feedbacks, you must contact mebefore bidding or I may cancel your bid.
- I will work with your shipper if you are not local - but again, the car does not move until the funds clear. Thank you for yourunderstanding.
- Ask questions or schedule a time to come inspect the car if you like. I am available to help with any questions you might have -I have described this car to the best of my ability. Thankyou again.
- Car is located under 20 miles south of Washington DC, in thesuburbs of Northern Virginia. If you plan to come and see the car prior to purchase, fly to IAD or DCA. I am 25 minutes from either airport.
- Don't miss this opportunity to buy an amazing 1969 R/T Charger!
Some questions have been asked - so I'll answer here for all to see:
Q: Is the battery in the trunk? And why?A: Previous owner thought it would be good security measure to place in trunk w/ a quick disconnect feature. I do not have the battery tray, but they can be had, no problem, if you choose to go back to stock location.
Q: Where is the windshield fluidreservoir?A: Gone. But they are available, and inexpensive, if you choose to re-install.
Q: How's the area near/under the rear window?A: Solid, like the rest of the car. Kept dry and stored properly, and never washed with hose/water, only wiped down clean. No issues like most other 2nd Gen.Chargers.
Q:What numbers are on the Fender Tag?A: Here's the Fender Tag. You may decode as you wish.
R11 V1X V8X 26 ENDC16 C55 G11 H51 M21 M31B5 C6D B7 613 127317E86 D32 XS29 L9B 421348
Q: Whatcarburetorwas installed, and do you have the original?A: Holley 4bbl, yes, I have the original and manifold, too.
Q: Does the Charger have drum or disc brakes in front?A: This Charger has factory manual Heavy Duty drum brakes all 4 corners.
Thank you for your interest in our Charger R/T.
8/11/2017 - a few more questions have been asked, so here they are for everyone's benefit - thank you
Q: How are the body gaps on the doors, hood, and trunk?A: All are constant and the panels are aligned. Doors shut with one finger, and sound amazing when they do. Trunk shuts very nice, and so does the hood.
Q: Would you take something for a trade?A: Sorry, I am not open to trades. Just an outright sale, please.
Q: How are the body corners (in the lower rear valance)?A: They appear to be very nice. Usually you see these filled over. The seams are present, and look amazing. I have additional pictures which I've sent to some already. If you need pictures of anything, please let me know.
Q: How are the frame rails?A: There's no issues there. This Charger R/T appears to have factory undercoating, and is solid. I have sent pics of the frame rails, too, for those who have asked.
8/12/2017 - more questions have been asked, so here they are for everyone's benefit - thank you
Q: Do the "numbers" match?A: Yes. All major areas of vehicle numbers match.This includes thefollowing:
- Engine VIN
- Transmission VIN
- Dash VIN
- Fender Tag VIN
- Radiator Core Support VIN
- Trunk Lip VIN
- Broadcast (build) Sheet VIN
- Window Sticker VIN
Thanks again for looking.