1964 Dodge Polara 500 2 door hardtop,440ci Dual Quad 4-Speed Black Low Reserve
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Polara
- SubModel: 500
- Type: Hardtop
- Trim: 500
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 64,436
- VIN: 6442150307
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 440ci Dual Quad
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4-Speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Dodge Polara 500
Before I begin, I would encourage all serious buyers to contact me directly at 1-517-990-2646 with any questions or concerns.
1964 Dodge Polara 500
1964 Dodge Polara 500 2 door hardtop, great Mopar body style, largely original and very well cared for. Very cool ole Mopar presented in Black on Black. Recently purchased from long term owner, a regular car guy attendee at the local car shows and cruise-ins, a few trophies along the way. This Polara 500 has always been well maintained and garaged kept.Spent most of its life in Tennessee, none of the typical rust and repair issues. Truly a “drive it anywhere” kind of car. Description as follows:
• Built 440ci with only 500 miles 2-4 barrel dual carb set up
• 4 speed with factory console, Dana 60 rear end
• Newer dual exhaust sound like a muscle car should
• Newer Firestone Radial tires
• Old school Chrome Cragars wheels
• Everything seems to in good working order runs very strong
• All factory trim tag/vin tags in place
• As mentioned earlier, runs and drives very well
• Factory black bucket seats, with factory console
• Interior done by prior owner, looks great no signs of any wear
• Nice dash and bright work, still retains AM radio (non working)
• Newer headliner, nicely installed
• Sunpro tach installed on column
• Overall interior condition is very nice and again looks great
• Repaint done a few years back to very nice Black finish with Matte black hood scoop
• Very nice glass, chrome and trim looks very good and there’s a lot of it!
• Few very minor chips as to be expected on a car that has been driven
• Very solid car, no repairs on under side, solid trunk floor, nicely done with factory spare and jack assy.
• Very clean engine compartment, nicely detailed
The 1964 models received a revised front end and new tail lamps to distinguish them from the 1963 cars. Rear end treatment took its inspiration from the Chevrolet Impala, the Polara models now featuring six small, square-shaped taillights (three on each side) surrounded by an attractive bright trim panel. Lesser mid-size Dodges featured only four taillights (two on each side) and lacked the bright trim panel. A sensational new "C" pillar for the hardtop coupes, combined with the more attractive front and rear end styling, made the '64s look totally new (and longer/ lower/wider as well), resulting in a significant increase of sales over 1963.
The Polara 500 continued as Dodge's sporty mid-size model, competing with the full-size Ford Galaxie 500/XL and Chevrolet's Impala Super Sport, featuring an engine-turned anodized aluminum trim strip along the car's flanks, bucket seats and deluxe vinyl upholstery. For 1963 and 1964, the Polara 500 was available only as a convertible or hardtop coupé.
For more info and any questions please call 517-990-2646
Terms of Sale PLEASE CALL 517-990-2646 FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS Terms of Sale 25% down within 3 days of auction close balance due within 7 days or vehicle pickup, whichever comes first. Preferred payment is wire transfer, or certified bank funds. Vehicle purchased as/is, no warranties/refunds implied. Please do not bid unless you intend to purchase this vehicle. I have had problems with Zero Feedback Bidders who do not honor their bids. I ask that if you have no feed bac, and there are fewer than 3 days remaining in the auction, that you e-mail me phone contact information BEFORE your bid so I can contact you at auction end. I reserve the right to cancel bids for those who do not comply or respond to e-mails. This vehicle is being offered for sale locally and we reserve the right to end auction for any reason at any time. This vehicle being offered is used. The vehicle is sold as-is. Bidders and prospective purchasers are cautioned to conduct their own due diligence, including a physical inspection in person or through a qualified third party inspector or appraiser, BEFORE contemplating a purchase or making a bid on this vehicle. In fact, we would welcome such an inspection, and will make every effort to make the above described vehicle available at a time convenient to the perspective purchaser or their agents. Remember, a bid is a binding contract. If you do not know what you are bidding on, please do not bid. No used car is 100 % perfect... Please keep this in mind when bidding on used cars. There will be a $49.00 documentation fee on all internet sales to cover cost and overnight fees Buyer can pick up vehicle or delivery can be arranged. $8-1000 cross-country, less to point’s in-between. I found a great web site for shipping companies-www.movecars.com. Thanks again