BUCKET SEAT CONSOLE CAR, 12 BOLT POSI, GM STAMPS IN BOTH QUARTERS, PWR STEERING
Price: US $45,000.00 Item location: Angola, Indiana, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Chevelle
- Type: Coupe
- VIN:138 VIN TRUE SS
- Options: #138 VIN AUTHENTIC SS 396 CAR, GM STAMPS IN BOTH QUARTERS, L78 375HP SOILD MECHANICAL LIFTERS, 375HP HIGH RISE ALUM INTAKE WINTERS SNOWFLAKE, POWER STEERING, POWER DISC BRAKES, BUCKET SEATS, CENTER CONSOLE, 12 BOLT POSI, TH400 HORSESHOE CONSOLE SHIFT, LOW ACTUAL MILES
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Chevrolet ChevelleIMPORTANT: PLEASE BE MATURE AND RESPECTFUL. DO NOT MAKE OFFERS YOU ARE NOT ABLE OR WILLING TO HONOR. THIS IS NOT A GAME. $2000 PAY PAL / EBAY DEPOSIT DUE IMMEDIATELY IF I ACCEPT YOUR BEST OFFER OR ON ANY SALE THROUGH BUY IT NOW ON EBAY.
One of the nicest authentic documented SS396 factory big block Chevelle you will find in this price range! Many years and many thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of time invested into this car by owners who truly cared about quality. Exceptional floor pans! Good door and panel gaps. Doors click shut crisp. Authentic SS 396 car with VIN stamping in block and GM stamps in both quarters. Pinch welds clearly visible in both rockers and lower quarters. Engine rebuild and paint maintenance just completed 12/2020! Excellent seat work and interior restoration. Seats were stuffed and tucked tight by upholsteryexpert when redone. 52 year old ACTUAL MILE car believed to have only around 3 prior owners whoall invested many thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours improving and maintaining this rare car-- down to each nutt and bolt. The car's floors and trunk pan are said to be original, a testament to the actual mileage of this car and to the care put forth by the owners over the decades to preserve and maintain this rare SS 396 big block Chevelle.
FURTHER DETAILED INFORMATION ON THIS SPECIAL SS396 CHEVELLE:
- Documented authentic SS396 carcar with low actual miles still showing on current tile issued 2020 and fully functional odometer, state certified actual mileage NOT Exempt!
- This Chevelle has a production date of July 15th, 1968 accordingto officialGM records. It was sold new inTuscumbia Alabama by Gene Crump Chevrolet. Documentation included with the sale of the car to substantiate this.
- This car is listed by VIN in the Official SS396 Registry and has a certificate substantiating this which will be included as additional paperwork / documentation with the sale of the car. You can view the official Chevelle Registry online at: http://ss396registry.macswebs.com/1968/1968.html
- Former Third place show winner for 1968-1969 class at the the prestigious Auto Rama (Piston Powered / ISCA) show held once per year where more than 1000 cars are show-cased and more than 35,000 people attend at Cleveland's one million square foot I-X center.
- Engine block pad stamp 18A162267, Last six digits of VIN 162267 as shown on both VIN plate and the title
- Authentic SS 396 car as documented by the #138 VINdesignation, AtlantaBuilt car assembled 2nd week of July 1968
- Factory Yellow car with black vinyl top per trim tag Code Y2 along with code 766 black imitation leather. Special options such as bucket seats with RPO A81 headrests redone in correct 1968 covers, console car with correct horseshoe shifter.
- Door panels and headliner are exceptionally nice with functional dome light and console rear vanity light. Correct 1968 GM seat belts.
- Power steering and power front disc brakes! Special Silicon brake fluid all new master cylinder, calipers and rotors and pads--stops better than many new cars. This is a tall order for 1968 model year!
- Full-size spare tire, jack, tire iron included along with correct Herringbone pattern trunk mat. Removed only to show condition of the trunk pan. I will also be installing the correct Posi and jacking decal on bottom of trunk lid.
- Functional factory door key buzzer and horn
- All tach and gaugesfully functional
- Nicest floor pans and under-carriage I have ever seen on a Chevelle--believed to be factory floor boards
- New vinyl top
- All weather strips and felts have been redone on this car
- Excellent restoration on chrome trim and bright work, including front and rear bumpers
- Excellent window glass
- Engine taken down to bare block 11/2020 fully rebuilt with new cam and lifters, bearings, gaskets & seals. Heads were reconditioned including leak test on all valve seats, new valve springs, retainers, locks and stem seals.
- Engine was in such nice condition it was able to stay standard bore, retains the originalGM pistons stamped with GM part number.
- Engine was broken in for over 30 minutes with zinc in oil at a higher RPM to seat the lifters to the cam and lash checked after break in to ensure cam lobes did not go flat.
- NOTE: Windshieldwasher bottle and squirter lines will be re-installed. The hood was off for engine R & R. I will update photos once these rubber lines are installed along with updated photo of under side of trunk deck lid once posi and jacking decal are installed.
- TH400 transmission has been rebuilt and was just serviced with new fluid flush in 12/2020
- The entire suspension system on the car has been redone, bushings, shocks, springs, etc etc!
- Holley 4-barrel dual feed carburetor with 375hp high rise aluminum intake #3933163 with famous Winters Snow Flake
- Special High Performance 375hp 8" Harmonic Balancer, 375HP Deep Groove Alternator Pulley
- Exact L78 375 HP replacement cam installed " GM #3904362" Correct for 396/375hp and 454/450hp LS6
- "PYPES" Custom exhaust system with crosover x-pipe (Sounds awesome with L78 / LS6 solid lifter camshaft)
- GM points distributor fully rebuilt with new bushings, points, condenser, etc curve set up and checked on ALLEN vintage distributor machine. Timing set and engine tuned by master engine builder with more than 25 years experience. Runs great on premium pump gas!
- Correct TR markings on valve cover bolts, Correct GM part numbered radiator hoses, correct tower clamps, other correct style engine bolts. Correct 1968 GM head bolts.
- 1968 Dated 12 bolt posi rear end. Rebuilt posi unit HD 800lb springs. Rear Axle professionally refurbished including new Timkin axle bearings!
- BF Goodrich radials on GM rally Wheels (Near full tread depth)
- Car tracks straight, starts easily in cold weather, power steering is smooth, functional heat, brakes do not pulsate or pull--honestly best brakes on any old muscle car I have ever experienced! High firm pedal quick stopping.
- Very detailed undercarriage and detailed engine bay done with attention to detail for GM factory assembly line style appearance