1966 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 2dr- Pro Street, Streetable, DOT Drag Car
Price: - Item location: Minden, Nevada, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Chevelle
- SubModel: 2Dr Hardtop
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Malibu
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 5323
- VIN: 136176A100561
- Color: Orange
- Engine size: Blown 454
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Chevrolet Chevelle MalibuSuper clean, supercharged 1966 Chevy ChevelleMalibu 2 door hard top. Pro street build with mean stance and the equipment to back it all up. This car has everything you need for shows, street or a day at the drag strip. I had the car licensed insured and DMV registered using it strictly for shows over the last ten years. Its been in Hot August Nights and others around South Lake Tahoe. Over the 10 years its been stored covered in the trailer or in the garage while not in use. Time for someone else to enjoy.
- 454 with Weiand polished 8-71 supercharger.
- Have set it currently set up to be driven on the street with pump gas at 6% overdrive, but you could quickly convert to race gas swap the spare top pulley for 14% overdrive and turn the timing back in. A possible jet swap and your back to a more DOT Drag Car.
- Motor built by Herzog motor sports in Black Jack MO.
- Elgin Forged Crank and Custom Roller Cam with Dual Quad Holley 750 double pumpers.
- MSD ignition setup with 3 step Rev limiter and boost timing control unit w/ manual boost retard.
- Has trans brake and front brake line lock for proper burn out and launch.
- Disk on the front with drum on rear controlled with manual proportioning valve.
- Turbo 400 transmission with reverse valve body shifted with a Hurst quarter stick w/reverse lockout.
- Narrowed 9 inch ford rear end with strange spool 4.86 ratio and axels. (Comes with spare set lower gears)
- S&W engineering back half ladder bar car with 7 point rollcage.
- QA1 tunable shocks in front and coil over in rear
- Tubbed for Big Tire, currently rolling on Mickey Thompson DOT approved Pro Street 33X18.5 on 15 inch stretched steel rally rims with trim rings for that stock look.
- Shaved body moldings, wipers and trim
- 16 gallon fuel cell plumbed for return by fuel rail mounted pressure regulator, Barry Gant fuel pump, battery cut off switch
- Hooker Super Competition Headers collect to hi flow chambered mufflers with manual cut outs, allows you to go full straight through open 3 inch exhaust if you dare.
- Full interior including floor mats and back seat and lap belts for the kids.
- Complete set of AutoMeter Sport-Comp gauges inside and out w/shift light