1968 Chevrolet Chevelle SS396 - 54K Original Miles - TRUE SS BIG BLOCK with AC
Price: US $33,500.00 Item location: Chandler, Arizona, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Chevelle
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Super Sport
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 54000
- VIN: 138378Z122899
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: 396
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport1968 Chevrolet Chevelle SS396 car with 54K original box A miles. This was my parents Chevy that had not run since about 1979. It was parked on our property in the desert South of Maricopa Arizona for many of those years. I gave it a full rebuild of all mechanicals including....
- New to it 1967 396 (original #s matching engine is out but goes with the car, pictured is the block that has been sleeved back to standard bore, a forged 6223 crank, the original heads, also not picture is the original intake and many of the other parts to the original engine)
- New Monster Transmission 700r4 overdrive automatic transmission(original th400 out but goes with the car) with THOR 2200 stallconverter
- New brakes including all lines, hoses, booster, discs & calipers in the front and drums & wheel cylinders in the rear
- New seals and fresh coat of paint on the 12 bolt rear end with original 3.08 nonposi gears- New fuel system including Holley Sniper EFI, Holley(Tanks Inc) fuel tank with built in fuel pump and lines and Holley Hyperspark Distributor so you can controltiming from the handheld in the car.
- All suspension and bushings replaced - PST springs and bushings and a new adjustable rear 4 bar
- New weatherseals throughout
- New 18x7 and 20x10 American Racing Torq Thrust wheels wrapped in new Kuhmo Ecsta4X tires with certificates
- New wiring harnesses in the engine bay and trunk
- New aluminum radiator with electric fans
- New header back 3" Summit Racing exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers
- Full new interior with new seat covers, carpet, headliner, dash pad and carrier panel
- New vinyl top
- New windshield- ACsystemfully gone throughincluding new Vintage Air cross flow condenser, Vintage Air Sanden 508 compressor mount and Sanden 508 stylecompressor with POA delete from Classic Auto Air
This car has been fully rebuilt.It runs and drives excellent. The desert patina was left to show its age and battle scars. Yes there is a shotgun blast in the hood. This car has stories to tell!! Other than that the body is almost mint.There seem to be a few people who looking at the pictures think this car is a rust bucket, which nothing could be further from the truth. I have included close ups of the rear quarters. The rust is surface rust from the outside. It was driven in the desert for years before being parked and thus the tires kicked dirt and rocks at the paint and chipped it. After sitting for 40 years it surface rusted. The quarters are solid. The only area of any concern (also pictured)is the passenger front fender. Package tray and filler panel had damage from the vinyl top rotting off the car when it sat but the filler was patch replaced and the package tray wasrebraced. Trunk floor is super solid with no damage at all.
It starts right up, the instruments work and it is a great cruiser that needs nothing to enjoy now. You get thumbs up everywhere you go. It runs cool with the aluminum radiator with electric fans. It only turns 1950 RPM doing 80 down the highway so you can cruise all day and stop for less gas. This is your chance to own a true low mile 138 vin SS396 car with numbers matching components, yet get to enjoy it without risking the important numbers matching drivetrain which comes with but isn't installed in the car. Drive it home and park it in your garage. Tons of great documentation goes with the car also. Fly into Phoenix and drive it home or I can do my part to make it easy for your shipper to pick up. It is being sold as is, where is, and has no warranty after leaving my possession. Please ask any questions or arrange an inspection if you like beforecommitting to buy. Clicking the buy now is a contract to buy this vehicle. $500 deposit due within 48 hours via PayPal, bank transfer or cash. Full purchase amount due in 7 days via cash in person (preferred method), bank transfer or certified cashiers bank check. Car and Title will not be released until all funds are available.Vehicle needs tobe picked up within 14 days. If any of the above terms are an issue please do not bid. Winners who do not make required deposit or payment will be reported to eBay and the car will be relisted. Vehicle is also for sale locally so I reserve the right to end this listing at any time. Actual Milage may go up slightly as the car is being driven to showsmultiple times a week until sold. Feel free to call me with any questions at (602) six 1 five, 4 two 8 six between 8am and 8pm Arizona Time. Thank You!