1946 Chevrolet Rat Rod Pickup Truck
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Other Pickups
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1947
- Mileage: 2000
- VIN: YES
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 350 small block
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1947 Chevrolet Other Pickups
This is the last of the early 1940 style Chevrolet style pickup trucks. They built 2000 of these 1946 trucks in 1947 vs throwing away the parts as there is also another more rounded Chevrolet half to that came out later in the year. Yes, this vehicle also has a VIN and a GREEN title stating it is a 1947 Chevrolet.
This truck sits on an early S10 frame and is powered by a GM small block 350 CI (new Holly 680 carb and electronic distributor) and backed up with a 700R4 overdrive transmission. Front disc brakes and drum rear. Duel side exhaust exit under the running boards ahead of the rear wheels. It has power steering and power brakes making this easy to drive.
Paint is original. It is faded and a little crusty but looks great and seemingly well liked as I get plenty of thumbs up, smiles and when I come out of the store, often people taking pics next to the truck. Not sure if the bed is original but it was with the cab and running boards when I bought the sheet metal and it all fits just fine. It is a rat rod as we call it so it is what it is. Bed is functional with tie downs and I use it for mountain bike hauling and runs to the local Home Depot for garden and other bulky supplies. It is a functional work vehicle.
Other notes of interest are:
1) it starts all the time. Battery is less than 2 years old. Fuel system is pretty modern and would support fuel injection. It is located outside of the cab.
2) it will drive 70mph with no issues.
3) Tilt and telescoping steering wheel from a pre 1969 Oldsmobile 98. Steering wheel is from a 1957 Chevrolet Cameo pickup.
4) has an Alpine radio with 4 speakers and a SUB speaker/AMP located under the seat.
5) YES,RED LED underbody and grill lights. I had them and they work great on this truck.
6) YES, it is not a super smooth ride. the 22 inchwheels with low profile tires do that to ride quality. the lowering did not help either. I call it a funriding vehicle for Michigan. if the road however is smooth, it is a nice rider.
7) Gage lights function. Headlights work but no high beams. Turn signals work fine.Rear lights I took from an old uncle's tractor.They are cool and work great.
8)Beer or pop bottle opener on the right side of the bed. Looks like a dog.
9) Extras. I have a heater unit. Needs plumbed in but wiring is in place. Have also a side of the bedspare tire carrier. I personally did not like it but I have it.
I havelisted and actually sold this truck 3 times in the past 15 months. Thanks for the deposits if you are a repeat looker/bidder. EBay still gets like $220 but I have pocketed the rest. If you bid, have money please. Others may still want this truck. I have over $20K invested in this truck. It is fun, a show stopper, great garage sale vehicle and one that everyone wants to talk to you about. I doubt if there are other 1946 trucks that look like this. I'm just looking for another project (OK, a C3 Vett and I have an LS motor to put in it). If you can not handle people looking, waiving and smiling at you, do not bid please. If you want to showboat a little, then bid. Good luck.
If you win, I will take a check but will not send any paperwork until everything clears. My title is clear, GREEN and not a rebuild or anything other. CLEAN paperwork.
As you can guess, there is no warranty. The truck is 72 years old so what do you expect. It is very simple to work on anyway. If I could do it anyone can.