1971 Chevy El Camino SS Clone - Gorgeous Restoration
Price: - Item location: Trabuco Canyon, California, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: El Camino
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 500
- VIN: C8415091461
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 350
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Chevrolet El CaminoHelping my father put his newly restored 1971 Chevy El Camino up for sale. Hes owned it for a few years but most of that time was spent in the body shop getting restored. Just left the body shop and performance shop a few months ago. He as all receipts for parts and labor put in to this car ($9,000 in body work/paint alone) which adds up to about $40k. He could use the money else ware so unfortunately he has to part ways with this beautiful El Camino.
Car is extremely straight and has NO RUST. While in the body shop, the floor boards were replaced and the rear tail gate was shaved for a cleaner look. The car is painted a Chrysler color called Black Forest Green. In the shade or at night it looks black but once light hits it, it gives off a stunning deep metallic green color. Gets lots of complements. It runs excellent and pulls strong.
All parts are either new or were put on right before going into the body shop and have less than 2,000 miles on them.
- Built by Jerry's Performance Engines in Garden Grove.
- 350 SBC
- New Promaxx 185cc Freedom Aluminum Heads
- New Comp Cam Roller Rocker Conversion
- New Comp Cam XE274
- Edelbrock Performer EPS Intake
- New Holley 670 Street Avenger
- Ceramic Coated Hooker Long Tube Headers
- New Flow Master 50-Series Mufflers
- New MSD Ignition and Distributor
- New Custom Aluminum 4 - Core Radiator
- New plugs and Wires
- New Chevy Performance Valve Covers and Air Filter
- New Battery
- New Power Steering Pump
- New Water Pump
- New Timing Chain
- New gaskets, Push Rods, Lifters etc.
Transmission and Rear End:
- Monster 700R4 SS Transmission Master Conversion Package W/Lockup (Will handle 600 lb/tq)
- 2500 Stall Converter
- Transmission Governor Calibrated
- New Drive Shaft
- Rebuilt 10 Bolt Rear End
- Yukon Dura-Grip Posi - Yukon 3:73 R&P.
Suspension & Wheels Brakes:
- UMI 2" Lower Handling Package (Shocks, Springs, Sway bars, Endlinks)
- Tubular Upper and Lower Front A-Arms
- Tubular Rear Lower and Upper Trailing Arms
- US-Mag Rambler Rims. Staggered set up. (18x8 & 20x9.5)
- Falken FK452 (245 fronts 275 rears)
- New Brake Booster
- Front Disc Brakes (Rotors and pads almost new)
Interior: Installed by GRC Racing in Lake Forest, CA
- New Dynamat Installed on Floors and Firewall
- New Full SS Dash Conversion
- New Center Console Kit
- New Wiring Harness
- Tilt Column Steering
- New Procar Rally Seats W/Rails and Brackets
- New 700r4 Shifter Conversion kit
- New Door Panels, Chrome Interior Pieces, Glove Box Door,Carpet
- New Wood Grain Steering Wheel
- New Retro Long Beach Digital Stereo, Kick Panels, and Kenwood Speakers
- New Door and Windows Seals
- New 3-point Retractable Seat Belts
Exterior (All new and finished a few months ago):
- Just Finished all body work. Extremely straight. New Floor Boards. NO RUST.
- Painted Black Forest Green.
- Engine Bay Painted Satin Black
- SS Hood
- SS front Grill
- New Chrome Bed Molding
- New Headlamp Bezels
- New Hood Release Handle
- New Chrome Window Molding and Clips
- New Chrome Mirrors,
- New Chrome Bumpers
- New Chrome Window and Wheel Well Trim
- New Chrome Headlight Buckets
- New Chrome Door Handles
- New Sun Visors and Chrome Supports
- Shaved Tail Gate
- New Fuel Tank and Sending Unit
- Rhino lined bed
- All Windows Tinted Including Windshield
I'm leaving a ton of the smaller obscure parts that were replaced (Hood latch, hood springs, bolts, lines, seals, gaskets, retainers etc.) He has a folder of receipts saved for the parts purchased. LITERALLY EVERYTHING ON THIS CAR HAS BEEN GONE THROUGH AND REPLACED. It runs excellent and looks amazing. I have included a few photos that I grabbed while the car was getting all of its body work done.
Here is a walk-around, start up, and drive video (Just copy and paste into your browser)
Please email me with any questions or to schedule a time to come check it out!
1971 El Camino Build Walk Around - YouTube
Video will open in a new window
Using the eBay App? Paste link into a browser window: