2WD Long Bed
Price: US $6,500.00 Item location: Loveland, Colorado, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C-10
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: BARN FIND!
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 45,926
- VIN: CS149z879650
- Color: White
- Engine size: 292 Inline 6-cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Chevrolet C-10 BARN FIND!I found this beauty on a small farm in Loveland, CO. It originally came from Davidson Chevrolet in 1969! I have the original Invoice/Build Sheet! I've traced the owner records and it appears there may be only one or two previous owners before me. :)
It had been sitting for many years and was likely used as a farm truck. I refreshed it so I could use it as a daily driver if I wanted to. I drove it about 1000 miles, while I worked out all the bugs. I've decided this classic really deserves to be restored, beyond my capabilities right now.
* 45,926 miles (it looks to be original miles. The farmer kept oil change records written on the inside door panel).
* 292 inline 6-cylinder engine
* 4-speed manual transmission
* Manual steering
* Manual brakes
* Rear wheel drive
* Long Bed
* Original owners manual
* Ignition and door keys.
* The truck is in really good condition overall.
* Engine compression test indicates good condition low mileage engine. 140, 145, 145, 150, 142.5, 135.
* All the glass is in excellent shape.
* Some rust on the passenger side rocker panel.
* Surface rust on some of the floor boards.
* Windows roll up and down.
* Door locks work.
* All the lights and turn signals work well.
* Brakes are in good condition.
* The right side of the box (bed) is damaged and needs replacement (see KNOWN ISSUES below).
I performed the following work:
* Replaced the valve cover gasket.
* Replaced the oil pan gasket.
* Replaced engine oil and filter.
* Replaced transmission gear oil.
* Replaced real axle gear oil.
* Replaced the alternator (NEW).
* Replaced the voltage regulator (NEW).
* Replaced the battery (USED).
(FUEL &AIR SYSTEM)
* Rebuilt the carburetor.
* Replaced the fuel pump (NEW).
* Replaced the fuel filter (NEW)..
* De-rusted the gas tank.
* Replaced the gas cap (NEW).
* Replaced the fuel filler neck grommet (NEW).
* Replaced the air filter.
* Replaced the PCV valve.
* Replaced the radiator (used OEM unit).
* Replaced the upper radiator hose (NEW).
* Replaced the lower radiator hose (NEW).
* Replaced the by-pass radiator hose (NEW).
* Replaced the thermostat (NEW).
* Flushed and replaced engine coolant.
* Replaced the brake master cylinder
* Replaced all four wheel brake cylinders (NEW).
* Flushed and replaced all brake fluid.
*Replaced the windshield wiper blades.
* Completely cleaned (no more farm dirt). :)
* Right Rear Fender is damaged. It needs to be replaced.
* Gas pedal sticks once in a while. I imagine the linkage could be adjusted.
* Horn is sticking on. I've removed the center cover in the steering wheel to prevent it from activating. Otherwise, if you simply disconnect the horn electrical wire, the horn will stick activate (you won't hear it) and drain the battery.
* Radio doesn't work yet.
* Tires. It has the original bias ply-style tires and rides accordingly. I put radials on it while I was driving it, but I'm keeping those wheels/tires so it will need new tires, or at least balance the current tires. They are weather-checked and not likely to last long.
Feel free to ask about anything I've left out. This is a great truck and I hope to find it a good home. :)