1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Aero Coupe, Glass Roof, ONE ORIGINAL OWNER, VERY RARE!
Price: - Item location: Libertyville, Illinois, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Monte Carlo
- SubModel: Aero
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: SS Aero Coupe Glass Roof
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 168,000
- VIN: 1G1GZ11G9HP129923
- Color: White
- Engine size: V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Burgundy
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Aero Coupe Glass RoofGreetings everyone and welcome to one of the most RARE and automobile listings on the internet!! Presented for your consideration is a ORIGINAL 1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Coupe with Aero package as well as the removable glass roof and power seat!!! This is one of the RAREST of all GM vehicles and carries options which are truly rare and highly desirable to any collector or car enthusiast.
This is a NO RESERVE AUCTION, this means that the high bidder WINS, no strings attached.
Lots of great details and history on the car, here we go!!!!
- ONE ORIGINAL OWNER, ONE ORIGINAL ILLINOIS TITLE, ONE REGISTERED ADDRESS, ONE DRIVER ALL 30 PLUS YEARS. This car is part of an estate sale, the owner is still alive and well its just time to sell the car, house and everything else!!! The winner of this auction will meet the original owner during the time of the transaction, he is someone that I go to church with and have known for many years personally. I have an Ebay store of over 15 years and this was the best venue for the car to be listed.
- The car has 168K original miles, the odometer has turned over once.
- Engine and transmission were rebuilt at 90K miles
- The car starts right up, it starts and runs VERY SMOOTH, the engine really sounds great. The car just got a new push rod in the engine as well as a new fuel pump - this work was performed by a church member who is a highly skilled mechanic.
- BRAND NEW TIRES, I was able to find a brand new (and FRESH) set of Cooper Cobra radials with raised white lettering and they are perfectly mounted and balanced on the original SS package rims. These tires were not easy to find, the local shop ordered them. The tires are under full warranty and you will get the papers at time of transaction.
- Original GM keys from 1987
- The car has rust to the bottom of the doors, wheel wells, and while it has been garage kept its entire life its DEFINITELY HAS RUST!!!!! Looking at the car from 12 feet away you will notice rust and its something I must mention... please see detailed photographs to give you an idea. The rust is truly in line with a car which has spent its entire life in the midwest, specifically in a garage in Gurnee Illinois.
- Automatic transmission shifts smoothly and quietly.
- Brakes feel good with no sinking pedal and good stopping distance, I forgot to ask if the fronts were new but when I looked, the rotors were not rusted at all and still all silver.
- The power locks do not work, they operate just fine manually as well as with the key and there is no problem locking the doors, just no power locks.
- Both power windows work fine
- I have not tested the cruise control
- All glass is totally intact, most importantly there are NO scratches, pit marks or any damage to the precious glass top, its in original shape. The rear window is tinted and the tint is old, you can easily remove it and do your own thing.
- Original SS rims are in very good shape
- Power seat still works!! I think that has a lot to do with the fact that only one person drove the car its whole life so the seats were likely not adjusted much.
- Back seat looks great, don't think anyone ever sat in it as the owner is a single male, non smoker and no children.
- Interior fabric is worn in areas and sun faded but not too badly, its a 31 year old car folks.
- The car is a JOY to drive, it turns heads and gets lots of attention. This car is definitely something to hang onto and restore back to its original the former glory, the main opportunity that the car has is to address the rust issues.
- The front left fender of the car was replaced 20 years ago as a result of a very minor accident.
- This car would make a great daily driver which someone could work on and restore while still being able to drive it on a regular basis.... with your investment and TLC, this car will DEFINITELY only increase in value over the years.
- The Monte Carlo SS with Aero package and glass roof + power seat is the RAREST of all and there were about 6 thousand of these cars which were ever produced, not many left on the roads.
- This is TRULY a piece of American Muscle car history, this car CAN be restored back to its original state and we hope that it goes to someone who appreciates it.
- Rear left tail light lense is cracked, please see picture.
Have questions, want to see the car? Please call or text, 847-530-6866, located in Gurnee Illinois.Original title in hand which the owner will sign in front of you. Car is sold AS IS, there is no warranty that comes with the car. The tires are new and under warranty.
I require a $200 deposit via PayPal within 4 hours of auction end and the and remainder balance is to be paid in cash only, definition of cash is green US American dollar currency, no PayPal, financing or otherwise. Original, clear title registered to the actual original owner with nothing to hide and a wealth of information.
I am happy and available to answer any questions, set up showings or otherwise. This is a NO RESERVE AUCTION, the high bidder wins and there are no strings attached.
The 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Chevy's rear-drive personal-luxury car, dropped its base model and got slightly revised taillights.
The 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo was offered in LS and SS models. The 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS came in notchback coupe and fastback Aerocoupe versions.
The Aerocoupe was a limited-production special first seen for 1986. Only 200 were built to qualify the design for use in stock car racing. For 1987, production was somewhat less limited: a total of 6052.
Standardenginein the 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS was the throttle-body-injected 4.3-liter V-6, now making five more horsepower for a total of 145. It was backed by a three-speedautomatic transmission.
Optional for the LS was the base 5.0-liter carbureted V-8 making 150 horsepower. It was tied to a four-speed automatic; this transmission was optional on the V-6. The 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS models again got the H.O. carbureted 5.0-liter V-8 with 180horsepower.
The 1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo became Chevy's sole remaining rear-drive six-passenger coupe. This was the result of Chevrolet discontinuing its full-sizeCapricetwo-door body style after 1987.