1972 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 350 V8 4 Speed Manual â€“ Project Car
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- SubModel: Coupe
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Base
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 36,601
- VIN: 1Z37K2S526236
- Color: Elkhart Green
- Engine size: 350 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Saddle Leather
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Chevrolet Corvette Base
1972 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 350 V8 4 Speed Manual - Project Car
This auction is for a used 1972 Chevy Corvette that is NOT in running condition and should be considered a "project" car. This was the last year of the front and back chrome bumper C3s!
I'm representing a local bank in this auction. The bank repossessed this vehicle from a classic car enthusiast. The bank has clear title in the bank's name - this is an Oklahoma title and the title reflects "Repo.â€
This car is in Perry Oklahoma. You can contact me (Marc at 405-503-8496) for any questions you might have. I'm a longtime seller on eBay with a 100% feedback rating and I intend to represent this Corvette as accurately and honestly as possible.If you are local, (Perry is 1 hour north of Oklahoma City) I would strongly encourage you to inspect this car in person before the end of the auction.
The Odometer currently shows 36,601, actual mileage unknown (title says Odometer "Exemptâ€). Believed to have been in barn storage for the past 13 years. The Vette is presented in its "barn" condition - dirty, dusty, with mouse/droppings and damage to wiring and interior.
VIN 1Z37K2S526236, TRIM TAG 946 (Elkhart Green Exterior)/421 (Saddle Leather Interior. This is a base model with a 350 engine and 4 speed manual transmission.
Note: I do not know the repair or service history of this Vette since it was a repo. I'm not a mechanic but a "car guy" and here are my observations of the car:
- Engine is not seized and is numbers matching to the car
- Engine looks unmolested and stock
- Transmission - you can depress the clutch and put car in neutral and shift through the gears. I was not able to confirm if transmission is numbers matching but assume it is
- All fluids looked clean and topped off - could not check the gas since cap was locked and I don't have a key to the gas cap
- Bird cage checked at kick panel - appears to have only surface rust but I can't determine if there is further significant rust
- Glass good and T-tops
- Appear to be good tires (no wear or tire rot) all around with original or knockoff wheels
- Have 1 ignition key
- Fiberglass body appears solid and could not find any major repairs. There is a crack in the front right fender well about 3 inches long
- Has very poor paint - don't think it's original
- All the rubber trim/weather seals around the doors/windows has deteriorated,
- Interior will need replaced- from seats to door panels to carpets...just about everything needs replaced except dash and steering wheel
- Some rust in the inside upper front corners of the doors
- Chrome bumpers are solid but pitted
- Outside door handles are broken but a new set is included with the sale (found in back of Vette)
The Vette is sold "as is." There is a non-refundable $500 down payment required within 24 hrs when you win this auction. You will arrange to pay the remaining balance directly with the bank that owns this Vette within 7 days of the auction close. All financial transactions must be completed before pickup of the vehicle.
You are responsible for any final tag, title, and taxes. You are also responsible for pickup or shipping of this Vette. I can assist your transport driver with the pickup of this VetteThank You and Good Bidding On Feb-12-18 at 08:32:13 PST, seller added the following information:
I have a 1968 CorvetteConvertible in similar condition that is also being auctioned -auction #273064370887On Feb-12-18 at 08:36:09 PST, seller added the following information:
Note: the location of this vette is Perry OK not Arcadia OK as is shows in this listing. I can not update the location in the listing for some reason.