1969 Camaro, SS, RS, Protouring, RestoMod, Detroit Speed, Forgeline, Baer Brakes
Price: - Item location: Mansfield, Ohio, United States
- Condition: New
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 1
- Engine size: not included
- Transmission: Manual
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Chevrolet CamaroUp for auction is the start to one of the best performing cars that will ever be welded together.If your heart desires is to own a bad-ass pro-touring '69 Camaro here it is...
I Started this project for myself about three years ago and due to some life changing events my prioritieshave changed. I have decided to pass this dream on to someone else.The quality of this build to date is beyond what most shops are capable of and I have no desire to pass it off to someone who is not up to the task of finishing this car out to the level it was previously intended! Please do not make the mistake of thinking that I will entertain "low ball" offers, I will just kindly tell you that I will not sell you the car. If you are earnestly interested, here's whats up for auction:
I started with a jig (included in the auction) and set the front frame rails and rear sub-rails into the factory location. I knew I was going to have to start with aftermarket pans to modify them in a manner that you couldn't tell. I removed the factory torq boxes and replaced them with a rear cross-member. I also boxed the factory style subrails and attached the sub-frame connectors to simulate a full chassis car. I didn't want people to see where the factory car stopped and the race car started. There are roll cage provisions off of the rear bulkhead and front sub-frame so the cage is not just welded to plates that are then welded to sheet metal. I wanted to eliminate as much flex as possible to ensure the tight body gaps would not change after the car seen the track. The engine is set back 5.5 inches for weight transfer and the inner rockers are dropped over the floor pans 1.5 inches to lower the roll center. I was thinking along the lines of "Optimas Fastest Street Car Shootout" and "Goodguys Auto Cross".
Since the start of this project I have had a total of three 1969 Camaros before finding the right body. The others had surprises hiding under the paint, this body is by far the nicest.The extra sheet metal was purchased while I had the other bodies. There will be extra parts you will not use sheet metal wise and extras that can be sold. I have a list a mile long of modifications to the floors before the body was set on.
I urge a potential buyer to call if they are genuinely interested and I can go over the many details. As for the parts included, I have over $70,000. in what is pictured, the best of the best and no expenses were spared.Again this is not a project for the budget minded or the financially unstable. Here's what you get....
Body - Really clean California Shell and the best aftermarket possible
- 2 Quarters (extra)
- 2 pr. DSE inner tubs
- 1pr. Outer tub
- 1 Roof skin
- Solid AZ door inners
- Outer door skins are NOS GM
- All front sheet metal is nice solid original GM
- Floors are highly modified to fit changes made for performance
- HydroformedSub-framewith double adjustable JRI shocks and remotecanisters
- Quadralink rearsuspensionwithJRI shocks and remotecanisters
- skf wheel bearing upgrade all 4 corners
- camber shim kit
- 1/2 height body mounts
- stainless body bolt kit
- "Stielow floater" 9 inch with all the trimmings!
- C&R 3rd member with Trutrac ford 3.89 gear/REM & Dyno Service
- Rear sway bar and hardware
- Forgeline RB3C forged concave wheelsetup for a Detroit Speed Equipped 1969 Camaro
- 18x10.5 fronts with 6.3 bs 19x12 rears with 5.5 bs... Powder Coated "Flat Bronze"
- Michelin pilot Sport PS2 Tires... 295/30r18 fronts and 345/30r19 rears..
- BaerExtreme+ 14" -all 4 corners
- R-spec Floating rotor upgrade -all 4 corners
- Fire Red powder coat -all 4 corners
- Proportioning valve
- Ron Davis Racing Products - Chevrolet Camaro Type 1967-1969 Dual Pass - LS Engine - Dual Fans & Shroud
- Remote inline oil to water heatexchangerwith 1.5 hose connections dual pass
- Recovery Tank 13 X 3 over all
- RDRP Billet Radiator Cap Cover
- Bowlers Tremec GM T-56 Magnum 2.29 Unit w/Stage II Upgrades
- Ram Clutch and Flywheel
- Flywheel bolt kit
- Install hardware
- Pilot Bearing
- Tilton Throwout w/Guide Tube
- Bowler Shift Lever w/Multihole knob
- Pigtail Package w/Speedo Plug
- 1350 Slip Yoke
- Royalm Purple Synchromax
- Quick Time Bellhousing
- Universal Battery Disconnect Switch
- Universal Body Mount Battery Charging Port
- Hood Hinge Kit - Air Frame - Natural
- Universal Gas Spring - qty 2 - 260 lbs ea.
- GM Door Kit - door handles, door strikers & lock pulls
- Universal Round Hood Pin Kit w/long pin - Natural
- Universal Billet Hood Adjusters - 1.25 Black
For Sale by Owner!Cash only!Title in Hand!
Contact Henry - Owner ofSteadfast Mfg. / Mansfield, OH 44906419.632.3315 / 419.526.3132
NOTE: car for sale locally, auction can end at any time!