1955 Bel Air V8 Power Pack Sport Coupe Restored 2 Door No Post Hardtop
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Bel Air/150/210
- SubModel: V8 Power Pack Sport Coupe - 2 Door No Post Hardtop
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Sport Coupe - 2 Door No Post Hardtop
- Color:Yellow with White
- Engine size:265 CI V8 with Power Pack
- Number of cylinders:8
- Transmission:3-Speed Manual with Overdrive
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Green
- Safety options: Front Seat Belts
- Options: Power Pack - 4 bbl Carburetor with Dual Exhaust, Overdrive, AM Radio, Rear Speaker with Fader, Heater, Electric Wipers, Dual Exterior Mirrors, Dual Spotlights, Front & Rear Bumper Guards, Front Exterior Sun Visor
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1955 Chevrolet Bel Air/150/210 Sport Coupe - 2 Door No Post Hardtop
This is an extremely nice 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Sport Coupe with 265 V8 engine and Power Pack. 1955 was the first year of the legendary Tri-Five Chevys.
This previously restored 55 Chevy runs and looks as good as it does in the listing pictures. It is equipped as follows-
- 265 V8 engine with Power Pack (4 bbl carburetor & dual exhaust)
- 3 speed manual shift transmission - column mounted
- Rochester 4 bbl carburetor
- Dual exhaust
- AM radio with rear speaker and fader
- Electric wipers
- Dual exterior mirrors
- Dual spotlights
- Front & rear bumper guards
- Front exterior sun visor
- Front seat belts
- Full size spare
- Tire/Wheel jack mounted in trunk with jacking instructions
This 55 Chevy comes with several documents including the GMAC Time Payment Plan “Sale Contract” dated October 20, 1955 from Chester Morris Chevrolet in Denton, Texas to James Beckner of Denton, Texas. This original contract shows that the car was purchased for $2,671.45 with a balance of $1,929.50 financed and 30 monthly payments of $75.10. The car was paid off in 1958 as was evidenced in a GMAC letter dated May 12, 1958. (Copy of loan payoff letter is included.)
The first owner (James Beckner) kept this car for just under 30 years as was reflected in the Texas “Certificate of Title” showing the transfer of the car from James Beckner to Kenneth Donald of Arlington, Texas on May 11, 1985. (Original Texas title document is included.)
On June 23, 1987 Frank Ince of Des Moines, Iowa was issued a Iowa “Certifiacte of Title” showing the previous owner to be George Woolfus of Atlanta, Georgia. The title also shows that the next owner of the car to be Randy Swanson of Port Byron, Illinois purchasing the car from Platinum Motors on January 26, 2005 reflecting only 37,579 actual miles. (Copies of both the Iowa and Illinois titles are included.)
The car became part of the large Goat Hill Auto Collection of Southern California in 2007. The Illinois “Certificate of Title” shows the transfer from Randell Swanson on April 15, 2007.
Also included with the car is an original Chevrolet magazine advertisement featuring a yellow with white Bel Air with the green interior.
This beautiful Bel Air Sport Coupe is part of the huge Goat Hill Automobile Collection and all pictures were just taken for the eBay listing. Please check out the other cars that we are offering from this great Southern California auto collection.
Call (949)642-7447 for additional information about this great car or to set a time to inspect it in the Newport Beach area of Southern California. The buyer is responsible for picking the car up in Southern California or for shipping. We can assist the buyer in the shipping process if needed.