1969 Buick Skylark GS 400 Convertible - Matching Numbers Car
Price: - Item location: Pelham, New Hampshire, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: Skylark
- SubModel: GS 400 Convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 117,000
- VIN: 446679Y191301
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 400
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Buick Skylark1969 Buick Skylark GS 400 Convertible - Needs Restoration
- Factory GS 400 convertible with floor shifter and optioned rally steering wheel
- Paint Code 51: Twilight Blue Poly
- Turbo 400 trans
- Original rear end
- White Top
- White Bucket Seat Interior w/floor shifter
- Non AC
- Power Drum Brake
- 1,776 GS 400 Convertibles were built
- Of the 1,776 built, only 1,303 were automatics
My father bought this car in 1972 and has owned it since.The car was taken off the road in late 80's and put into storage. A few years ago I pulled the car apart to understand exactly what it needs, which is most of what most A-bodies this era need when it comes to a restoration. In its current state the car has been completed sand blasted and primer sealed. You will see every area which needs attention, no stories at all with this one or surprises when you get into it. With the exception of the floors I have acquired every piece of sheet metal needed to fully restore the body of the car.
This is a numbers matching GS as well which is where the value is with these cars. The 68-69's are extremely low production numbers and rapidly increasing in value. In the last year I have seen this same configuration 69 GS sell for $50k in St. Louis and two others cross Barrett Jackson bringing $45k and >$60k.
As you go through the photos you will see I am including rust free... fenders, front inner fenders, doors, full rear 1/4's, ram air hood, trunk lid and cowl. The hardest part of this project was finding all of these parts in this condition which as taken me years. The fenders and doors I am including came from Arizona. The dog legs of the fenders are perfect, the door seams are the same. Never any bodywork on any of these parts.
The winning bidder will need to order the passenger and trunk floors and start the restoration. These are the same for all 68-72 A-Bodies so they can be purchased from many vendors and shipped within a couple days. The original doors, fenders, inner fenders will also be included as I do not have the need to keep them. They are dented and rusted so the winning bidder can decide if they want them. If not, I will junk these parts.
Every part for this car will go with it. Bolts are in bags labelled where they go should you choose to clean and reuse them. A few notable items which are original to the car included are:
- GS Ram Air, Air Cleaner
- Floor shifter
- GS instrument cluster
- GS column with the factory optioned Rally Wheel
- GS chrome grille surrounding in great condition
- GS plastic grille which does need repair
- GS hood grilles
- Front and rear bumpers which would be great candidates for cores toward new pieces due to condition.
- Headlight bezels
- 400 rear marker lights
- GS emblems
- White bucket front seats and bench rear with floor shift center console
- GS door panels
- Perfect dash pad and sun visors
- Complete convertible frame with the original top
- Engine wire harness
- Body wire harness
- Full interior including plastics less the carpet which was worn out on the drivers side.
- The front inner fenders are in perfect condition and painted.
- Convertible top motor and lift cylinders are fully rebuilt and painted.
- Hood latch support was blasted and repainted.
- E-Brake assy fully rebuilt, painted ready for install.
- Brake pedal assy fully rebuilt, painted ready for install.
- The windshield chrome trim, which is often scratched is in perfect condition.
- All chrome trim is included as pictured.
- The drive trainis completely original with 117k miles on it.
- The frame (original A-Body boxed convertible only frame) has not been touched, nor has the suspension, only the body at this point.
- You will need to source the passenger area floor and trunk floor. I have everything it needs as you will see the pictures.
- I am sure there are parts/pieces I am forgetting, but it is all there and more.
- If there is anything else you can think of which is not listed, feel free to ask as I know I have it.
Disclaimer:This is being sold as is - it is a restoration project. I hope the winning bidder buys it with the intent to restore, but what you do with it is up to you.
This Buick will need to be towed. I will not ship the car on your behalf so be sure you have the means to transport it, or know of a company that will. Most transport companies do not want to transport cars which don't run. Make sure you do your research before you bid.
If you are local and want to see the car feel free to contact me through eBay. I encourage people to see the car if they are able to. If there are areas of the car you want pictures of I will do my best to get them to you.
A $250 deposit is required via PayPal within 48 hours of auction end. There are no exceptions unless you make prior arrangements with me. The car must be picked up at my location within 10 days of auction ending unless prior arrangements have been made before the auction ends.
When you are done, this is what the Buick will look like: