1985 BMW 635 CSI - Turbocharged and ECU upgraded!
- Make: BMW
- Model: 6-Series
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: CSI
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 1
- VIN: WBAEC7409F0606063
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 3.4L Gas I6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: gasoline
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 BMW 6-Series CSI
1985 BMW 6-Series 635CSI.
5 speed manual transmission.
3.4 Inline 6 Cylinder
Mileageâ€“ Unknown â€“ odometer frozen at 111k.
Turbo Chargedâ€“ Precision 5931E Turbo:
- MFS(Machined From Solid) 59mm inducer compressor wheel
- "E"compressor cover 3.0" inlet/2.0" outlet
- 57mm exducer T31, 76 trim turbine wheel
- Turbine housing options:
- -Buick .63 A/R
- -T3 .63 A/R with 5 bolt discharge
- -360 journal bearing system
- Manual boost controller - set at 5 lbs. for testing. Nice loud blow off!
- Stainless steel exhaust manifold with external wastegate.
ECU- Electronic Ignition and EFI replaced with AEM Infnity 308 (30-7113) ECU allowing for boost support:
- Fully programmable with plug and play Infinity Tuner software via PC / USB connection. Free to download and connect to ECU.
- Upgraded fuel injectors. Batch fuel ECU setup currently.
- Sequential spark setup with Accel 140040 super coils.
- Glovebox mounted ECU, keeping it out of the heat and weather.
- Crank Timing - BMW E30 crank wheel (60/2) used for crank timing.
- Cam Timing - Distributor was re-purposed as a Cam timing with hall sensor and steel rotor added.
- GM sensors for MAP, Air and water temp added for ECU enabling.
- AEM O2 AFR sensor / gauge output used for AFR ECU input.
- Boost Gauge and AFR gauge added to driver side a pillar.
- Custom wiring harness.
Upgrades / services mentioned by a previous owner. These were assumed done before I bought the car and do appear to be on the car.
- ENGINE M30B34 rebuild 110000 mile, new gaskets all across the top and bottom, new starter, alternator, battery, water pump, tcp,o2 sensor,all sensors,spark plug wires and plugs, distributor cap and rotor, vaccum hoses, intake boot, icv, cold air k&N filter.computer upgraded chip to dinan. rebuild about 1300 miles ago compression tested all across 6 cylniders 7.4 bars on average.
- TRANSMISSION 5 SPEED MANUAL 265 GETRAG DOGLED short shifter and new sach clutch.
- SUSPENSION all new control arms and bushings and tie rods, sway links, sway bar, bilstien sports shocks and H&R sport springs 1 inch lowering.
- BRAKES cross drilled rotors and ceramic brakes $300
- BODY all factory, 2 small dents, Minimal rust any where, rear spoiler is not painted, Looks like car was repainted about 10 years ago in same color.
- HEADLIGHTS hid xinon with bi-xinon high beam and low beam. Fog lights now in original high beam position.
- INTERIOR, crack free dash board, interior is done in red alcantara SPA (ferrari f50 suede) bough in italy and brought it here to usa, pleather side bolsters and rear seats front seats are 10 button sports seat, alcantara wrapped steering wheel. red suede headliner. realy comfortable interior.
- WHEELS - 17 INCH AC SCHNITZER CHROME
Car is in decent shape. Definite 40' appeal. Gets looks everywhere it goes! Up closer you will notice the previous sub par paint job. Also, previous repairs were not the best and it has a few chips, peeling spots. (see pics). All body paint and interior was as I bought the car in 2017. The front lower valence was a fiberglass added on nightmare when I got the car. I replaced it with a custom one-off that fits and looks nice, albeit a non BMW item. Won't find another car with it. I also performed some rear valance straightening and painting. The wheels are experiencing some pitting but still look decent. No A/C, as the compressor and condenser coil were removed by previous owner. It is not currently inter-cooled and is running direct intake during setup and tuning. I have some tubing and inter-cooler that will ship with the car. Car runs and drives as is, so it can be enjoyed as you finish up the project.
As time allowed, I have performed the engine work and tuning thus far. Engine starts and runs / drives fine. Some tuning is still under way as that is always a challenge, but a decent base is in place. New owner would definitely want to download the AEM Inifinity software and play around with it, even before the car arrives. Fun part is you can tune everything about it. Known issues are : Steering pull in some situations likely from alignment / worn bushings. Not a very expensive item, but is more laborious to fix. Some seeping / leaking around the steering pump. Weather seals are showing signs of dry rot and crackling in a few places. Electric seats â€“ only driver's works. Gas gauge works, but low reading is Â¼ tank vs. empty. Doors open fine from either side, however the drivers side door key tumbler is missing so cannot lock and unlock from that door. Car can be locked and unlocked from passenger door. I have some spare parts relating to door locks and other miscellaneous parts that will ship with the car.
Money and time have not allowed me to pursue things further. This is a great project car for someone to finalize a few things and make it theirs. I have well over $12k invested in car and upgrades, so at this price the new owner will have a big advantage and a great buy.
Being a used / older car, it is priced as is, where is. No implied or explicit warranty. It is available for pickup in Collierville, TN (38017). I can help get it loaded on any shipping you might arrange.
Don't miss out on this German classic! *-*-* Buy it now, as it will likely sell Fast!