1983 BMW 320i Sport 320is
Price: - Item location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 3-Series
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 122,026
- VIN: WBAAG3303D9004779
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 1.8
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Right-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 BMW 3-SeriesUp for auction is my 1983 320i Sport also known as the "320is" It is Henna Red and is equipped with a 5 speed manual transmission, Recaro Seats, and a 3.91 LSD as all the sport package cars received. I purchased the car from the original and just never got around to fixing this one up as some of my other cars took priority.
In it's current state the car is a project. It runs and drives but I would not drive it very far in it's current state.
- 1983 320is
- Henna Red / Black
- Recaro seats in excellent condition
- 5 speed transmission shifts very well without clunks or noises
- 3.91 LSD
- Last year of the e21 and the coveted sport package
- Original tool kit in very good condition
- Trunk full of spare parts included (New muffler, window regulator, grill, glove box and other miscellaneous parts)
- New front brake calipers, pads, and rotors installed 3 months ago
Things that need attention
* Needs a replacement clutch (The clutch begins to slip with heavy throttle inputs)* Fuel pump should be replaced (It takes about 3 to 4 cranks for the car to start as the fuel pump is not building enough pressure)* Full tuneup should be performed to get the engine running at its best* New Exhaust (I am including a brand new replacement)* Suspension refresh* Rust repair - Overall the body is very solid and the paint is in really nice shape. The most obvious area is the rear tail panel. The jack points have not rusted through but they are weak, Small hole in the spare tire well. Small amount of rust on the rockers. . I have tried my best to include pictures of all the body panels and photos underneath the car in the link listed below. If you would like to see something in particular please let me know.*Passenger window is stuck halfway down (Good working replacement regulator is included)
All in all it's a very solid car worthy of restoration. I hope the next owner is able to give it the treatment it deserves.
I have described the car to the best of my ability and I will do my best to answer any questions a prospective bidder may have.
Car is sold as is with no warranty given or implied.
$500 non refundable deposit due within 24 hours of auction closing.