Original Metallic Golden Beige - Multiple Gold Level Concours Award BJ8
- Condition: Used
- Make: Austin Healey
- Model: 3000
- SubModel: BJ8 - Frame-up Restoration
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: MK III Phase II
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 3,000
- VIN: H-BJ8-L/41209
- Color: Metallic Golden Beige
- Engine size: 2.9 L in-line 6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4 speed with overdrive on 3 & 4
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Austin Healey 3000 MK III Phase II
1967 Austin-Healey 3000 MK III (BJ8)
Often called a “BJ8”, this final “phase-2” version of the “Big Healey” offered:
·2912 cc OHV in-line 6 cyl. Engine
·2 – 2’’ SU Carburetors
·4 speed with OD on 3rd & 4th gear
·New De Luxe cockpit with walnut fascia and fold-down luggage panel
·0-60 mph in 9.8 seconds
·122 mph top speed
In 1967 British Motor Corporation commemorated the last production year of this wonderful car with the introduction of a new color, “Metallic Golden Beige”. This car (H-BJ8L/41209) is one of the original 553 “Metallic Golden Beige” Big Healeys produced in 1967. Research shows that there maybe only 219 of these limited edition cars remaining in existence.
When I purchased my “driver” British Racing Green Austin Healey in 2001 I didn’t immediately realize its underlying “Golden” color as being significant. After doing some research I found out this was a rare and valuable Healey and deserved a worthy restoration.
I realize a “Concours” level restoration might not be for everyone. A well-done Healey with a 5-speed transmission or air conditioning or FM radio and CD player is great but I decided on the challenge of restoring this special Healey back to exact factory specifications.
Six years later, after 100’s of hours of research, sweat and tears the car was ready. In 2007 it earned an Austin-Healey Concours Registry Gold level certification at the Austin Healey Club of America International Conclave in Burlington, VT. In 2014, after a little “sprucing-up” an even higher point Gold certification was achieved at the annual Austin-Healey Conclave at the Homestead in Hot Springs, Virginia.
Due to health reasons, I now reluctantly offer my “pride and joy” for sale. With the help of my local shop, "British Auto Restorations", I restored this car from 2001-2007 to exact Concours specifications. Every detail was addressed down to re-plating the original nuts and bolts to researching and matching the original Metallic Golden Beige color. National and international restorers have even copied my color formulation.
This BJ8 was restored to exactly how it arrived from the factory in April, 1967. It is set-up to be shown in a “Concours ‘d Elegance”, with 60 spoke painted wire wheels and original oil filter or more conventionally with the included chrome wires and spin-on filter. The car shows just like it was restored in 2007 with only 3,000 miles driven.
I have over 1200 restoration photos and full documentation of the restoration. I know every detail about this car so please feel free to e-mail or call with any questions that you may have. This is a premier offering and highly collectable car and is ready to be driven anywhere or be shown with pride.
- ·Rare, original “Metallic Golden Beige” Car (553 Produced)
- ·Austin-Healey Heritage Certificate
- ·Two- timeAHC Registry “Gold Level Concours d’Elegance” Certification (2007 &2014)
- ·Documented and complete frame-up restoration in 2007 (3,000 miles since restoration)
- ·Multiple “Best-in- Show” and “First- in- Class” winner
- ·Hilton Head Concours ‘d Elegance First-in-Class winner
- ·Correct (rare) Shelly LJ225-CA311 Jack
- ·Lucas “Tar Top” AGM Battery
- ·Correct tools and Simmons hammer
- ·5 - 60 spoke painted wires and 4 – 60 spoke chrome wire
- ·Lots of extras and spares left over from the restoration