1935 Auburn Boattail Speedster
- Make: Auburn
- Model: Boattail
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: 851
- Year: 1935
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 803-242-8854
- Engine size: Ford 400
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1935 Auburn Boattail 851
I purchased the 1935 Auburn 851 Speedster Replica from a guy in California November 1994. He bought the replica kit from California Custom Coach
In the mid 80's. At the purchase time, he visited the company and spent a week there learning how to assemble the replica kit as they did. The company installed the frame assembly which is a 1971 Ford with a 400 ci engine, C6 automatic transmission, driveshaft and 9" rear end. The body, fenders, etc were installed between when he was there and when he took it home but the engine and other things were not wired. To my knowledge, based on the lack of wiring, fuel line, etc I don't think the engine was fired up by him and I haven't done it either.
Most all of the trim and emblems have been located and drilled. Car is almost ready to prep for paint.
I bought some new chrome wheels and Auburn center caps. I am also including a stainless steel center hood hinge. It is long enough that some can be cut off and used for the golf bag door. I had a number of things chromed and bought additional parts the first couple years. Due to other things happening in our lives, I haven't done any work or anything on it 20+ years but it was always stored inside.
I also have the original California Custom Coach Assembly Manual, lot of parts lists and my 1935 Auburn Certificate of Title which will be included to whoever purchases this.
1. I also have burgundy leather for the interior. Has been stored and some may need replacing.
2. Stainless Faux Exhaust Pipes
3. Chrome trim for exhaust pipes where they enter the engine compartment. 8 of them.
4. Stainless bars for the grill so you do not have to chrome the existing brass ones.
5. New chrome door handles.
6. Brass trim for the front and rear fenders. Needs chroming.
7. Stainless convertible top base trim.
8. Windshield frame rubber for between frame and body.
9. Side wind deflector glass template and new chrome mounts.
10. Wiring harness.
11. Upgraded wheel center caps that we had chromed. You can paint around the word Auburn to match your colors.
12. New chrome hood latches.
13. Supercharged emblems for both sides. Needs chroming.
14. New chrome taillight housings
15. New chrome fender trim. (In pictures)
16. New chrome 851 emblem for grill.
Phone number is 803-242-8854 if you have any questions.