Jeepster, restored & working OVERDRIVE, has Provenance, watch VIDEO, in TEXAS
- Condition: Used
- Make: Willys
- Year: 1948
- Mileage: 72,531
- VIN: 46381863
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1948 WillysDetails are below the VIDEO & 60 PHOTOs …. please allow TIME for loading.
A million dollars worth of fun Please take time to read the details in the description below. This Jeepster is not only worth owning, t’s also a million$$ dollars worth of fun and it steals the show wherever it goes.
Not Just another Jeepster If you have been considering purchasing a Jeepster but have been waiting for the right one…this little jewel deserves serious consideration for reasons that really matter. * great PROVENANCE, wned by Paul Brim (who? see below) * one of the best original and solid bodies you will ever find * beautiful AND very original, own to the interior and top details * super reliable and ready to enjoy with everything working * optional OVERDRIVE that works, ncluding the kick down * the1948 is consider by many to be the most desirable year and this is the most desirable color combination of that year – Fiesta Yellow and Black with burgundy interior piped in white.
Former owner was “Mr. Willys”, aul Brim This Jeepster came out of the Paul Brim estate and his name is still on the title. Most people in the Willys Overland community will recognize the name Paul Brim (“Mr. Willys”), ormally of Rudolph, hio. During his life, r. Brim had a significant impact on the “collection and preservation” of rare Willys models. He was both a recognized historian as well the ultimate source for rare, ften one of a kind new-old-stock parts, abrics and the vehicles themselves. This very Jeepster was HANDPICKED and restored by Paul Brim as his “personal keeper”. It appears that Mr. Brim’s goal in acquiring and restoring “his Jeepster” was not to end up with a over restored concurs perfect trailer queen, ut rather a real world nice “driver quality” restoration with EMPHASIS on “starting with” a high integrity original car and keeping it that way. Condition The mechanics The restoration, ncluding the rebuilding of the mechanical items, ere during Paul Brim’s ownership. I do not know how many miles are on the restoration (as Mr. Brim passed away without passing this information on). However, y guess is not very many. There is simply no evidence of fatigue or high usage anywhere. This is a get in and go car. Everything seems to be functioning like a factory “stock” Jeepster should. It is easy to start, dles good, uns good, tops good and drives much like it did when new. It has WORKING “Overdrive” and the kick down works as well. Horn, ipers, ights and gauges are all working all though the wipers are the old vacuum style and not great performers. The vintage aftermarket radio does not work. Paint & Body The body is very straight and appears to have all of its original metal including the floors, hich is almost unheard of in an early Jeepster. It is easy to see why Mr. Brim selected this well-preserved, igh integrity Jeepster as the one he would restore for himself. The end result is a nice show/driver quality presentation and turns heads everywhere it goes. The paint has a high gloss and the bright work is in outstanding condition. No matter where you go, e it a car show or just gassing up, his car charms all that see it. Bright Work (.... i.e., hrome, tainless & Pot Metal) All the chrome, tainless and pot metal appears to be restored or in great original condition. This is a very expensive area of any restoration, ometimes costing as much or more than the paint job but when done really makes the car “pop” visually. Interior, op & Side Curtains The interior looks like new. It is the correct color and grain with the correct white “piping”. The convertible top is of the best quality and also in like new condition, ncluding the properly painted frame rails and wood brace. The top AND side curtains are the correct material with the correct. The side curtains have some water spot stains but otherwise appear as new like the top. The top has the correct “1948 only” small metal frame rear window and really looks cool. Undercarriage The undercarriage appears to be untouched since it left the factory and, s such, s in amazingly clean condition. It looks like no restoration or repair of any kind was needed to the frame or floors. It really is a testament to what a quality survivor should look like. My eBay “seller feedback” My name is Michael and my eBay Seller feedback is below. I can be reached at 817-992-seven 99 one. I am easy to talk to and will do my best to help you decide if this is the car for you. Please take time to read my eBay “Seller” feedback below, elling NOTHING but quality classic cars. ABOUT US ….. My son and I are “serious car guys” that are passionate about what we do. We are super particular and only buy the cars we could personally consider as keepers. If you are a seasoned car buff, ou know that there is a huge difference between quality and everything else. If you would like to learn more about us, lease feel free to check out our site MyRod.com Location & Shipping The car is located approximately 30 minutes from either Dallas, X airport (DFW International, r Love Field). I can coordinate shipping anywhere in the world. my eBay “Seller” feedback Please take time to review the eBay “seller feedback” on me selling NOTHING but quality Classic Cars like this one. You can see by the price points and the feedback, am selling premium quality cars.
* Great car as described. Paid $43,000 & I’m pleased
* Great car. $38,500. Car as described. Thanks Michael
* 67 Mustang S Code 390, 42,950, eautiful Car, ichael is passionate & trustworthy.
*$54,750 1969 Firebird 400 Conv. Amazing car & transaction, ichael is excellent.
* Bought a $50,000 Mustang. Great car! Excellent communication. Thanks Michael!
* $44,000 and 2nd purchase from Michael. Very Recommended.
* $34,950 for 66 Mustang Conv. Incredible service from Michael. I’ll buy more. Thx
* Paid $42,500 and the car is PRECISELY as Michael represented it to be. Great job!
* 2nd car I purchased from Michael, lways as described. This one for $38,500
* I purchased my car from Michael Chance for $44,950. Love the car. Helpful seller.
* Thanks Michael, ell worth the $45,000
* Michael has the BEST CARS on eBay. Paid $58,500 for my stunning 67 GT 390!
* Had an AWESOME car Buying experience! Bought a $49,500 Camaro & LOVE it!
* Michael went above and beyond to assist me. Very good communication. Excellent ! (….$18,950 classic truck purchased by this buyer)
* Traveled from AUSTRALIA, et seller. Unbelievable setup, uality people, uality vehicles, uality service (….$35,000 classic truck purchased by this buyer)
* Paid $65,000 for my GTO convertible, ery pleased, REAT CAR. Thanks Michael !
* Michael sold me this GEM, or $49,950 . It is everything I ever wanted and more.
* My expectations were totally blown out of the water on this $42,000 Camaro, XCELLENT !
* I was Very pleased with car, reat seller to do biz with, aid $41,000
* $65,000 1956 Corvett, Amazing transaction, asiest ever, ichael did everything
* Purchased $37,450 Car from Michael and he was the best to work with A+++++”
* Purchased $49,950 Classic Car from Michael and love it! Topnotch experience
* “Superb to deal with! Had absolute confidence in buying a $45,000 classic from Michael”
* “Great to deal with. Michael has Great Cars, ill deal again, AAAA+”
* “Purchased a $38,000 classic car from Michael, ery pleased, ighly recommend
* “Michael just delivered my 64 F100, ver $20,000 grand purchase, assle free”
* “One of the best I have ever dealt with on Ebay. I would buy from again” (….. $58,100 Trans Am purchased by this buyer)
* “Michael is top notch, 21,000 Classic Car is awesome!”
* “fast ship As Described” (…. $33,000 Mustang purchased by this buyer)
* “What an amazing Impala SS427! U made this a great transaction!! Honest ebayer!” (…. $69,950 Impala purchased by this buyer)
* “Michael is a honest seller. Thank you for my $59,950 Bel Air”
* Great Seller, hanks (…. $42,500 Firebird 400 cvt purchased by buyer, is 2nd purchase from me, irst was a $50,000 L78 Camaro)
* Car arrived as described. Michael was excellent to work with. (….$25,500 Grand Prix purchased by this buyer)
* 2nd car I’ve bought from Michael. Very helpful & correct descriptions. (…. $24,000 Mustang purchased by this buyer, is 2nd purchase from me, st was $28,000 Mustang)
* Easy to deal with. Quick buy now transaction (….. $24,200 Mustang purchased by this buyer)
* As described, asy to deal with, ood communication, hanks for the FIREBIRD (…. $36,000 Firebird HO cvt purchased by this buyer)
If you require financing please connect with the following lenders:
(My collection has been financed at one time or another with each of these folks!)
JJ BEST Banc & Co. - New Bedford, A
Woodside Credit in California
LightStream - a division of SunTrust Bank and a sponsor of Mecum Auctions!Terms & Conditions of this sell & all legal stuff Although my eBay experiences have been very positive, am aware that much goes on within the eBay community that is not positive and therefore requires direct language. Do NOT make a bid or offer until you read everything below. Any bid or offer is a legal acknowledgement and agreement on your part to be bound by the Terms and Conditions put forth below and additionally specified within eBay itself. Have FUNDS ready PRIOR to bidding or making an offer. Full payment must be received within five (7) business days of the end of auction/sale unless I agree in writing to alternative terms. WIRE TRANSFER IS PREFERRED for US buyers and required for all buyers “outside” the United States. Cashier’s check, irect deposit or cash in person are acceptable but in ALL cases this vehicle and its title will NOT be released until complete payment is received and all funds have irrevocably cleared BOTH Banks. If paying by Bank Cashiers Check, must receive a copy of any Bank Cashiers Check in ADVANCE along with your “internal bank contact information” for confirmation of your Bank Check by my Bank. Bank Cashiers checks MUST BE classified by my bank as having irrevocably cleared both Banks prior to my release of vehicle and title. Loan checks must be agreed to by me PRIOR to you making a bid or offer. Money Orders are NOT accepted. I have an agency relationship with a Licensed Texas Dealer and all cars will be sold through this Dealer. Texas buyers will have to pay Texas sales tax and license/registration fees. Out of state buyers are responsible for taxes in their own states. This is a very nice vehicle. However, here is no such thing as a "PERFECT" vehicle...especially when dealing with vintage vehicles. This is not a new vehicle; it is decades old. Even a restored or partially restored vehicle can and will have flaws and normal wear and tear congruent to its age and/or mileage. This vehicle may have minor dings, cratches (or, ther imperfections) and indications of wear and use because it has been used. This vehicle is sold AS IS - NO WARRANTY This vehicle is being sold as is, here is with no warranty, f any kind expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the buyer and/or buyers agent to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle (prior to the end of the eBay listing), nd to have satisfied themselves as to the condition and value and to bid or offer based upon that judgment solely. Arranging for an independent third-party inspection is a great way to validate a seller's claims about a vehicle's condition. There are many companies and individuals who offer such a service. These services are listed on the internet and can be found in most collector car magazine publications. Of course your personal inspection and scrutiny are suggested and most welcomed. Any and all inspections must occur PRIOR to the end of this eBay listing. The seller has made a diligent effort to accurately describe any known material defects associated with this vehicle. Additionally, he seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose at the “buyer's request prior to the end of the eBay listing” any additional specific details important to the Buyer. However, ny descriptions or representations from the Seller are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. Everything stated in the description is to the best of the seller’s knowledge. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, uthenticity, enuineness, r defects herein, nd makes no warranty in connection therewith. The Seller does not expressly, r implicitly, uarantee the accuracy of the description including authenticity or genuineness of the vehicle and/or its components and assumes no responsibility for any repairs or defects regardless of any oral or written statements about the vehicle. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, mperfection, efect or damage.
Any and all claims or disputes arising from or related to this transaction, ther than a claim for injunctive relief, hall first be submitted to mediation in Denton County, exas in accordance with the then governing rules of the American Arbitration Association. If the parties cannot resolve their dispute through mediation, hey shall have the issue resolved through arbitration with the then governing rules of American Arbitration Association. Judgment upon an arbitration award may be entered in the District Court for the County of Denton, tate of Texas. Parties shall bear their own costs related to any mediation or arbitration proceeding.