Willys Jeep CJ3a 1952
- Condition: New
- Make: Willys
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: CJ3a
- Year: 1952
- Mileage: 300
- VIN: 452GB126202
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 134 L- Head
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Green
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1952 Willys CJ3a
This is a complete frame off restoration. My doctor friend, a retired medical doctor methodically and carefully restoredthis 1952 Willy's CJ3A jeep over a 2-year period. He started work on in 2014 and completed in 2016
Some examples of the work he did includes:
- New windshield
- Complete new brake system, including brake lines, wheel cylinders, master cylinder two new brake drums and the other two turned.
- Steering sector has been overhauled, with the steering box rebuilt, new tie rod ends and new steering wheel
- New seals were put in the driveline and wheel bearings installed on the differentals
- New reproduction body has been professionally painted. The color is close to the original color. (it is a high-quality paint job. Notice the reflection it shows in the pictures!)
- Brand new engine block and then had the engine overhauled using many new parts.
- New replacement radiator.
- New electrical wiring using the original style wiring that is color coded as the original jeep. (See pictures)
- New original wheels
- NDT (Non-Directional Tread) jeep tires.
- New upholstery for the seats. Rear seat frame is new.
- New muffler and exhaust pipe
- The only non-original item was converting it to a 12-volt system with new alternator
I would describe this as a remanufactured Willys Jeep in like new condition.No telling how many man hours were put into it during the restoration.
This will be a fun jeep for you to own and drive!. It would also be worthy to be in a museum or even on display in asporting goods store.
The condition of this jeep is worthy for any car show.It looks as it has just rolled off the end of the Willys assembly line.
If you wanted to buy a new soft top, these can be purchasedon eBay or at many of the jeep parts suppliers.
If you are interested and have any questions, send me a message and I will share the owners name and phone number.
We will work with the buyer with scheduling a pick up time. Jeep must be paid by a certified bank check or cash before the vehicle will be released. This vehicle is available for inspection by contacting the owner in Carthage, Texas We have excellent 100 percent feed back on all our eBay transactions. If you have zero or a poor rating, please do not bid on this item. . Thanks!
Here's a bit of history thanks to Reed Cary from the CJ-3B webpage: http://cj3b.info/Siblings/CJ3AOrigins.html
The Universal Jeep CJ-3A was launched in the Fall of 1948. For the casual observer the 3A differed from the 2A only by its new one-piece windshield. But there were subtler differences: where Willys-Overland had moved the driver seat further back on the 2A, perhaps to accommodate husky farmers as well as thin GI's, they did it again with the 3A.
The windshield was simplified with the wipers at the bottom, and made taller for more headroom. And the suspension was beefed up a bit, perhaps in answer to calls from the agricultural community who by now had a wide array of implements to choose from, designed to be mounted on and operated by a Jeep CJ.