1949 Willys Wagon Hot Rod
- Make: Willys
- Model: Station Wagon
- Type: Wagon
- Year: 1949
- Mileage: 1
- VIN: CN13065066A
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 350 Chevrolet
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1949 Willys Station Wagon
For most of us the classic car world is about standing out with some attitude, and it doesn't get more custom or unique than this. After all a 1949 Willys Wagon is already going to draw a crowd, but when its been fully custom built with a performance V8 and front disc brakes then you will always be the coolest custom everywhere you go.
The handsome, upright wagon body says Jeep as loudly as any modern CJ, and it's familiar the world over. But this icon is instantly recognizable as a fully built classic. The Torch Red paintlooks great from a distance and you will not need to worry about trailering this baby toyourFriday Night Cruise because what is one more gravel ding on this well worn paint job.The old and new world styles combine nicely on the brightwork where the grille, bumper, and cursive Willys scripts combine nicely with the competition style alloy wheels and bright side exhaust tips.
This custom attitude is heightened even further on the inside with comfortableclothbucket seats and a center console.
But your favorite upgrade starts under the hood. Just like the air cleaner says, Edelbrock Carburetor, Classic Micky Thompson Valve Covers, 350 Chevy, 350 Transmission, Ford 9" Rear End. The level of horsepower in this engine bay is amazing. The Custom Exhausteven has a wide spot! I am not sure I would call it a muffler but the sound coming out to the pipes fantastic. Imagine the sound of 4 Harley Davidsons cruising down Route 66. The original planar front suspension has been rebuilt and maintains the classic look while driving straight down the road. Cruise with yourbuddies at a comfortablefreeway speed or more. Lincoln Continental Front Disk brakes drag this wagon to a quick stop from any speed. American Racing Wheels and the modern grip of Kuhmo tires make this the easy choice for an anytime cruiser and the Sun Visor by Amy gives you just the right attitude.
This is a custom build with rarity, power, and the features you trulyneed to get you out cruising on a budget. You'll make people smile just by showing up, and this will make you smile every time you turn the key.
- This is not a show vehicle, this is my daily driver. This is not a$54,000trailer queen. Contact me with any specific questions and I will be happy to answer them.
- Paint - It was a poor paint job with a run or twowhen it was new and now it has aged with a few bubbles here and there.
- Sheet Metal is all straight and solid.
- Engine - Starts easily, runs great. Drips on your driveway. Uses less than a quart of oil every 500 miles. Recent service recommends an oil pan gasket.
- Transmission - Shifts nice and tight. Will give you a nice chirp of the tires on the shift to second when you want to impress someone.
- Seatbelts - Come in a box with the truck.
- Turn Signals - Your left hand will get cold if it is cold outside
- Windshield wipers - don't drive in the rain and you will be fine.
- Interior - It was nice at one time. I use this truck for home depot runs so it is wearing a bit. Previous owner left a cigarette hole in the drivers seat.
- Glass - Drivers door window is cracked. See the photo with the door open. Small crack in lower left of drivers side windshield.
- Brakes and Shocks professionally installed two years ago.
- Gauges are accurate in the photo. Comfortable enough at the speed indicated to take the photo.
Drive it or restore it, this is an excellent candidate for either option.
Payment - Cash in person only.
Vehicle as-is. No warranty.