Willys MB Jeep • 1942 Basket Case Project
Price: US $4,500.00 Item location: Haymarket, Virginia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Willys
- Model: MB GPW
- Year: 1942
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1942 Willys MB GPWI bought someone else’s stalled work in progress several years ago as a 2nd undertaking for me and my son. My boy's attending college now, o our second Jeep isn’t going to happen. The guy who had the ’42 before us did quite a bit of work on the rolling chassis and tub, ut otherwise just bought and stockpiled new parts.
THE BAD — Easier to list what's not in the "basket" than what is:• Doesn't havecenter data plate or frame tag• No inner windshield frame• No instruments other than a fuel gauge• No radiator, op bows, r distributor..
THE GOOD• VA title, 41 WILLYS", Y assigned VIN.
• From the original floor's toe board gusset #97753, orrect VIN would be early December 1942, B194000 - MB 196500 (if the tub is original to this frame)
• '44 engine from a Hobart Welder. "S" bore, il wear (Rattle-can rebuild). Head tanked, lux'd, esurfaced -- no cracks.
• New leaf springs, hackles and tie rod ends already installed.• Repro wiring harness, ew in the bag• All 3 seat frames.• Exceptional chassis, o cracks or deep rust at all.• Repro bumper w/ wood insert, usset plates, nd new spring mounts already in hand to replace Bubba's bumper.
• Prior owner installed a new front floor. New rear floor panel standing by.
• Correct T84 and transfer case, ondition unknown.• 4 combat rims, lready refurbished and ready for new shoes• Misc / notable on the pile, riginal reflectors, riginal sheller w/ no cracks, steel" pintle, ood air defector, partan horn, at drive shaft, ew windshield to cowl rubber, tc.
Located in VA, 0169
No reserve.Payment andacquisitionarrangements will be hammered out to my satisfaction within 48 hours of the auction conclusion, r it goes to next in line.This is offered for sale locally also, o auction may be cancelled at any time.