1928 Whippet 96 Cabriolet Coupe
- Condition: Used
- Make: Willys
- Model: Whippet 96 Cabriolet Coupe
- Type: Cabriolet Coupe
- Year: 1928
- Mileage: 97,952
- VIN: 205962
- Color: Green/Black
- Engine size: Flat Head
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 3 Speed Non Syncronized
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1928 Willys Whippet 96 Cabriolet CoupeBeing offered in this "Seller Reserve Auction" is a beautiful older restoration 1928 Whippet. This is a very attractive Model 96 Cabriolet Coupe complete with rumble seat. The beautiful green paint is accented by black fenders and detail pen striping. Sporting a flat head four cylinder motor with 31 horsepower under the hood and a 3-speed non-syncronized transmission you won't go fast but you sure will have fun, especially when you put the top down.
The owner purchased this car in 1989 and is the fourth person to own this treasure. You will be amazed at the extensive documented history that comes with this car. It was purchased new at Harten Brooks Motors in Sandusky, Ohio and then over the years was owned by two other persons prior to the present owner. Letters, receipts, tax records, title transfers, etc. will stay with the car when sold. The owner is parting with the vehicle only to make more room in his garages. It is time for a new owner to enjoy years of traveling in it.
Following the purchase in 1989 and for the next 9 years until 1998 the complete restoration of this vehicle took place. The reason for this time span was that the owner is also the owner/operator of his own classic vehicle restoration shop and work on his own vehicle was done only when time permitted. Paying for a complete restoration is one thing but when this craft is how you make your living then you make sure your own vehicle is restored to the same quality as the customers receive on their award winning projects. ABSOLUTELY NO CORNERS WERE CUT!!!!!
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS CLASSIC BEAUTY:
- Original matching numbers car
- 80% of the wood was replaced during restoration using poplar or oak woods
- Restored to original specifications and to the same condition as it was in when it drove off the showroom floor.
- New battery
- The undercarriage is in very good, clean condition
- Many tools are in the proper place under the seat (as seen in picture)
- Owner is including manuals, parts manuals, tools, local history, extra engines, transmission, fenders, bent frame, wheels, one radiator with shell, a radio, old wood for patterns, headlights, gauges, front axle, rear differential, 1928 Ohio road map, and an original Bakelite flat radiator cap for use when ornamental cap is not on.
- There is a complete picture history of the car if the buyer would like to examine it but not included in sale.
One thing for sure------if the buyer of this vehicle drives it "selectively" as the owner has, they will spend a lot of time explaining what a Whippet is. These were manufactured in Toledo, Ohio by "The Willys Overland Company" and even people around the area have no idea they existed. This car is ready to get in and drive whether it be a Sunday ride to get an ice cream cone or driving it to an area cruise-in or car show. You can be certain it will turn many heads as you enjoy the dependable transportation this 88 year old vehicle will provide you.
Please feel free to call the owner at 419-626-6154, contact by e-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a question on the link provided and your concern will be addressed in the most timely manor possible. The owner does have a reserve price and will not reveal it during the course of the auction and will also not entertain any offers of a trade deal.
The winner of this auction will have 48 hours to make a $1,000 non refundable deposit via paypal and the balance paid in full within 7 days of the conclusion of the auction. All transportation arrangements and cost are the responsibility of the buyer and recommendation of carriers would be available upon request.
The pictures speak for themselves and the attempt to show as much detail as possible but if you need more information please ask any questions prior to bidding. The goal of this auction is for a sale of the car but more important is attaining a "Successful, SATISFIED sale!" Thank you in advance for checking out this auction. Happy bidding!