Custom High Performance Volvo 1800ES
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volvo
- Model: Other
- SubModel: ES
- Trim: Custom
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 1,700
- Engine size: 2 Liter Supercharged
- Power options: Driver seat is power, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: AW-71
- Drive type: RWD
- Options: Leather Seats, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Volvo Other ES
1973 VOLVO ES 1800 –CUSTOM / MODIFIED &AWARD WINNER:
• This Unique & Beautiful Machine was conceived by an internationally renowned graphic designer.
• Well over $100,000 was expended to CUSTOMIZE this car.
• The car has been featured several times in motor magazines.
•Awards atThe Western National Concours:
- BEST ES1800
- BEST MODIFIED
- THE GOLDEN CAMSHAFT AWARD(for design & execution)
NOTES & SPECIFICATIONS:
• 1500 miles since car was built.
• Volvo 2-liter. Forged pistons, rp fasteners, lign bored, alanced, ual valve springs, versize valves, upercharger cam,8-bolt flywheel, affled pan, aminova/Nissens water-to-air intercooler.
• Autorotor twin-screw supercharger, emperature lowered by cold airbox intake, aminova/Nissens water-to-air intercooler.
• Bypass valve system fabricated for rapid supercharger boost pressure release in rapid de-acceleration, voids surge; also smooths out idle and speeds re-boost.
• New supercharger controls and cooling systems.
• Modified 100 amp alternator.
• Fuel Injection:
Stock injectors, osch 80 lb. fuel pump, 0lb. regulator. Ford Racing 65mm throttle body.
• Engine Management:
Electromotive system employing ecu crank-triggered ignition, emote coil packs.
Added gauges for air/fuel ratio and boost pressure.
• Engine Cooling:
Custom aluminum radiator, pal puller fan.
• Exhaust System:
4-2-1 exhaust manifold, tainless low pressure 2.5" exhaust and mufflers.
AW-71 automatic transmission, etrab remote oil cooler
• Rear End:
stock gears, imited slip
independent front; vpd progressive springs, ilstein shocks, pd anti-sway barsolid axle rear; ipd springs, ilstein shocks, pd anti-sway bar
Stainless tubing & flex plumbing. Front 12.5" ventilated rotors, rembo calipers, tock rear rotors, alipers, ooster and master cylinder.
Power steering box from 140 series Volvo. Grant racing steering wheel
ROAD TESTED & TUNED:
• Exterior Customization & Upgrades:
All by Kenton Lotz, ncluding exterior paint.
Bumper removed, hrome around grille, eadlights, emoved, rillework changed to black wire webbing,splitter, irectional panels and lower grille added to provide cooling to front brakes, ntercooler and Setrab remote transmission fluid cooler. Headlights carry amber sections as turn indicators. Stock amber turn signals removed to rear, eplaced by road lights.sides: chrome spear and marker lights removed. Streamline rear view mirror fixtures added, indows tinted.
Stock tailights removed, ll lights embedded to emphasize the elegant body shape; amber signals plus four red lamps from a Lexus IS300. All bulbs are Halogen.
Wing device was mounted under the re-shaped rear of the body to help control air flow.
• Interior Modifications:
Metal and wooden forms by Kenton Lotz. Upholstery by Albert Lara.
•Custom re-designed dash, onsole, eats and doors upholstered in two colors of leather. Headliner in perforated suede, orsche square-weave wool carpeting.
• Console carries: audio head, intage a/c controls, hifter, ir / fuel and boost gauges, rink holder and glove box.
• Instruments were re-colored ivory white with black and red markings by North Hollywood Speedometer.
• Ford Mustang power driver seat, anual passenger seat.
Infinity Kappa - two in kick panels, wo 3-way by seats. Sub-woofer, mplifier and 10-cd player along with Optima yellow-top battery occupy jump-seat space.
• Car completed July, 014.
UNIQUE & BEAUTIFUL MACHINE:
• Well over $100,000 was expended to CUSTOMIZE this car, hich we believe is unequaled in this country for design appearance and driving pleasure.
• It idles and drives as would a stock 1800, nd until the blower cuts in at around 1000rpm, xcept for exhaust growl. Above that figure it shows very good power.
HONORS & RECOGNITIONS:
Proof of the Effectiveness of the design, s that it was published in:
•Volvo Sports America,magazine for out-of-production Volvos (primarily 1800 models): Twice featured on front covers & including article on interior pages.
•Rolling Magazine, he magazine for all Volvo owners (VCOA): Featured on six pages this year.
This car Won Awards at:
•The Annual Swedish Car Cruise, edondo Beach, a:
Won –TOP AWARDover all rear-drive models.
•The Western National Concours,Honoring the 50th Year since Volvo 1800 introduction:
Won –BEST ES1800 &BEST MODIFIED &THE GOLDEN CAMSHAFT AWARD for design & execution. (a special honor over all 125+ Volvos in the Concours)!
There is a video on You Tube called:“Custom Volvo 1800ES”On Nov-03-15 at 12:24:45 PST, eller added the following information:
Mileage since rebuild/customization is only 1500 miles - the original speedometer and odometer were left in at owners request 95k reading is from the original odometer which was kept with the car. The car was only driven 1500 miles in road tests and tuning.