1988 Volvo 240 5-speed Wagon, VEUC One-Owner, New Michelin Tires
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volvo
- Model: 240
- SubModel: Wagon
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Wagon 5-speed
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 214289
- VIN: YV1AX8854J1801650
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: 2.3 Liter
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Volvo 240 Wagon 5-speed
1988 Volvo 240 Wagon 5-Speed Stick Shift
This has been the family car for 32 years. We bought it new.
- 1988 Volvo 240 Wagon, 5-speed stick shiftwith trailer hitch. Graphite gray exterior with blue interior.
- VIN YV1AX8854J1801650.Current State of Florida registration and antique tag (expires March 2021). Continually registered in Florida, and on the road since 1988 purchase as a new car from Volvo dealer in Florida.
- No accidents. June 2020 AutoCheck and 2019 AutoFax reports included in paperwork.
- Original manuals and all the important service records included as well as our original owner papers and original window sticker.
- 4-cylinder, 2.3-liter engine.
- Electronic fuel injection, power steering, power brakes. Crank windows.
- Very Cold A/C that is serviced annually.Heater is awesome.
- Car is whistle clean.
- Shifts like a breeze.I take her up to 70 on the highway into town; no problem. New Michelin Tires. Alignment is super.
- This car runs very well.That said, this car is being sold â€œAS IS.â€
- I have not taken the beast on a big trip for 20 years. For the last 22 years, the car has been driven to/from work and local errands only. Since 1998, we travel for work frequently, so this car has been driven to/from work about 120 days per year for the last 22 years.From 1988-1998 is the era when most of the miles were put on the car.
- Mileage requires explanation.Estimated214,289 actual mileage. The original odometer broke at 197,389. Replacement instrument cluster then installed which showed 112,000+ miles, and now reads just over 128,900 miles.This car was taken to the Florida DMV office and odometer information properly disclosed.However, the attached CarFax and AutoCheck reports do not include the combined mileage,and we donâ€™t know why or how that works.
- All of the gauges and indicator lights in the instrument cluster work, including the tripometer.
- Wetook lots of pictures to show the good and bad stuff.Mostly all good, but after 32 years, there are warts and wisdom spots.
- Weighing 3,055 pounds, gas mileage is still 18/28 or better. 76 cubic feet of storage with back seat down.
- Lockable glove box and lockable rear cargo area storage. All works.
- Fuses and Fuse box all good.
- Seat heatersdo notwork.
- Wear on the steering wheel obviously after all these years, and so it is protected with a leatherette cover.
- The front wipers work great.Recent Bosch wipers. The spit-wipes do not work; we are unable to find the necessary parts. The car used to have a wiper motor with intermittent speed (see the original window sticker), but it wore out and our mechanic could not find a replacement motor with intermittent speed.The rear wiper does not work because we canâ€™t find a replacement motor for it.
- Turn signals all work great. Brake lights and headlights and bright lights all work great.
- Below is a list of important recent service; Receipts included.
- 2020.A/C annual inspection and charging.
- 2020. New Volvo OEM blue leatherette skin covers for the front bucket seats. The underlying foam was surprisingly very good.The original front seat headrests are in great shape and all intact.The back seat has a few doggie toenail holes that were repaired back in the day with a vinyl repair kit - Otherwise, backseat looks pretty good â€“ no rips.
- 2019 â€“ new windshield professionally installed (old one cracked by dump truck rock).
- December 2019 new window glass scrapers/glass seals on all four door windows.
- Car Fax Report, September 2019, included. Auto Check Report, June 2020 included.
- October 2018, New Michelin Tires ($750.90), receipt included. Michelin Defender BL185/70R14, 88T, 90,000-mile guarantee.OEM Volvo hubcaps.
- December 2018 â€“ new battery.
- September 2018 â€“ new starter, coil, fuel pump relay.
- June 2018 â€“ new tailgate wiring harness and tune-up.
- November 2017 â€“ new brakes, motor mounts, new hood latch.
- August 2017 â€“ new clutch cable.
- February 2017 â€“ replaced fuel lines.
- December 2016 â€“ new clutch kit, new LR tail-light assembly.
- July 2015 â€“ major service such as tune-up with receipts.
- February 2007 â€“ Painted in Volvo original Graphite Gray paint color.
- 2007 Alpine Stereo - CDE-102 (MP3/WMA/AAC) FM/AM/CD with USB & Aux inputs. 3 speakers work fine. 4thspeaker (driver front) thuds. The speaker F/R fade adjustment control works fine.
- December 2003 â€“ new radiator.
- June 2002.New splash shield, new emergency brake cover, new LF lens, new rear electrical harnesses, new OEM jack & handle, new OEM all-weather front mats.
- June 1991 â€“ OEM trailer hitch installed by Volvo dealer.
- 1990 Analog Car Phone is still installed (it's there, but of course, canâ€™t work anymore).
- Original front and rear Volvo OEM mud flaps.
- Original Headliner isall intact, leather is supple.
- Original carpet. Carpet is pretty good in back and in cargo area. Carpet is just OK in passenger front, but is beat up driverâ€™s front,but intact.
- Volvo OEM all weather front floor mats. Original carpet floormats on back seat floor.
- The dash has two significant cracks but this wear is covered with a nice OEM dash mat.
- Parking brake was never great and is now wifty at best.
- OEM Cargo gate and hardware included, but no longer installed.
- Interior plastic/vinyl Pillar Covers have some missing pieces that are in a bag of broken pieces in the cargo storage box. Replacements can still be ordered.
- All the windowscrankup and down fine except - Driverâ€™s window rolls up and down fine but is off a little bit so there is a Â½ inch corner gap so one must take two hands and pull window tight to keep car watertight.(weâ€™ve done this every day for years.)
- Three smallish rust spots under driver side back/cargo window (see photos).We covered it with touchup paint but needs attention.
- There are no special engine or structural refinements, e.g., original suspension and stuff like that. Motor mounts replaced over the years as directed by mechanic.
- Included paperwork:The papers from important events in the service history.Plus, two Volvo repair manuals, original ownerâ€™s manual set and original window sticker as well.Over the years, many parts have been replaced due to normal wear and tear, but always replaced with OEM parts.Items replaced such as headlights, rear light units, water pump, belts, clutch and clutch cable, fuel pumps, alternator and the like.THICK BOOK of receipts included shows the name of a Volvo certified mechanic or the dealerâ€™s service department making the repairs.
IN SUMMARY:This is a well-maintained 1988 Volvo 240 5-speed wagon that is one-owner and has been the family car for 32 years. There is expected wear after all these years, and although the car is road-worthy, we have not driven it further than 50 miles at a time for many years. We cannot know if the car can take a long trip. We strongly urge arranging a trailer for transport.
We have more pictures. If you want more pictures, please send a message via eBay.
We are happy to answer your questions during day-time hours EST/EDT.
PAYMENT AND PICK-UP:
Â·We accept PayPal only.
Â·A $500.00 deposit is expected within 48 hours of purchase. Full payment is expected within 14 days of purchase.
Â·Buyer arranges pick-up and/or shipment of the vehicle.
Â·This car is currently registered/insured in Florida. Therefore, the Buyer and Sellermustpresent themselves at a Florida tag office to transfer the carproperly.Details about this process are on the Florida DMV website.