Volvo 240 DL Wagon-Low Mileage, Clean, and Original
Price: US $3,000.00 Item location: Warrenton, Virginia, United States
- Make: Volvo
- Model: 240
- SubModel: 240 DL
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: DL
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 135,000
- VIN: YV1AX8858H1759834
- Color: White
- Engine size: 4 Cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Drive side: Right-hand drive
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Volvo 240 DLYou are bidding on an low-mileage 1987 Volvo 240 DL wagon. This wagon runs and drives strong and starts every time.
Odometer shows 107,000 miles but stopped working with the original owner in the early 2000â€™s. It has seen low mileage use since then, so I would estimate actual mileage to be around 135,000.
Engine and transmission run very strong. Recent mechanical work includes:
- Timing belt, belts, and water pump;
- Front crank, cam, and idler shaft seals;
- New radiator, thermostat, and all new hoses throughout;
- Exhaust header pipe and recent new exhaust system;
- Brakes and front wheel bearings recently replaced;
- IPD front and rear sway bars;
- New McPherson struts and bushings;
- New shocks;
- New front coil springs;
- New heavy-duty IPD rear coil springs
- Upgraded Sony radio/CD player with audio plug output
- New heavy-duty Interstate battery
Body is original and paint is very clean. This car spent most of its life in North Carolina so car body throughout is rust free except for 3 spots in the rear passenger footwell area which are easily repairable.
Pirelli P4 tires are in great condition and have lots of wear left.
Interior is in very good condition, except for normal slight cracking and drivers side seat tears as shown in picture.
A/C compressor and system is operational but system needs recharging.
Car includes many good used and brand new IPD parts: Used parts include MAF sensor, body trim pieces, interior center console (blue), grille, boombox speakers, and more. New parts from IPD include overdrive solenoid, transmission pan gasket and filter, Bosch rear electric fuel pump, fuel injector fuse box upgrade, fuel and overdrive relays, transmission flush kit, spark plugs/wires/distributor cap, air and oil filters, Volvo coolant, and more.
This is an excellent, low mileage original car for the Volvo enthusiast and with correct standard maintenance will be a solid, reliable wagon for years to come. If you are looking for a clean, low mileage original Volvo wagon which already has a lot of the work done on it, you wonâ€™t find many better than this one!
Contact me via eBay if you have any questions.