1975 Volvo 240 Turbo Wagon - Daily Driver, Completely Rebuilt
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volvo
- Model: 240
- Type: Hatchback
- Year: 1975
- Mileage: 246,000
- VIN: VC24515B1045794
- Color: White
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1975 Volvo 240
I bought this car about two years ago, fresh from a ground-up rebuild. Have put on about 12,000 miles since then as a daily driver and have had ZERO problems.
Car was rebuilt by the previous ownerâ€™s ex-husband, and she sold it shortly after. I spoke to the mechanic who helped with the rebuild, and found an insurance card that listed another mid-80s Volvoâ€¦the guy knew what he was doing.
A/C blows cold, power windows and door locks work.
Iâ€™ve changed the oil every 3,000, rotated the tires, and thatâ€™s about it. Replaced the Mass Air Flow sensor, and the driverâ€™s brake caliper. No other problems.
Car registers as a 1975, but itâ€™s got pieces from various era Volvos on it. Best part of course are those round headlights! Engine is a 4-cylinder with upgraded turbo. Best I can tell it is a B230FT, but not sure of that.
- Heater valve is broken, My mechanic confirmed it is the valve and not the heater core. $10 part and an hour of labor to fix it.
- Driverâ€™s rear seat belt tensioner is broken so seat belt does not retract.
- There is a hole cut in the driverâ€™s side door panel. The start of an unfinished stereo installation.
- No stereo headunit. Had one in and it worked, but have since swapped it into another car.
That is it. Everything else is in great working order. Super reliable and runs great, even in the hot Texas heat.
Car is a blast to drive. Gets up and goes, can carry more than our SUV, and lots of honks and waves from other drivers.
I will accept payment via PayPal, cash, or cashierâ€™s check ONLY. Upon receipt of the full amount of the auction, I will mail you the title. You can then arrange to have it picked up.
Thanks for looking!
From the previous owner:
Paint and body are darn near perfect. Work was completed about a few years ago and vehicle has been garaged the entire time between now and then.
White paint is a bit brighter than stock. Side molding removed, holes welded, and matte black paint shot to mimic and create definition.
The only two things not operational in this car is the speedometer due to LH2 conversion issues and odometer (reads 246,xxx). Literally EVERYTHING else works (even the glove box light!) and is in excellent condition
- White face speedometer, tach, temp, fuel.
- White face boost, water, oil, volt.
- Digital air flow meter
- Converted from mechanical to electronic fuel injection.
- Mechanical 5-speed transmission (Volvo M47 conversion).
- Upgraded turbo and intercooler. Currently pulls about 15 pounds of boost
- Braided brake lines.
- Kaplhenke Racing suspension spring perches
- IPD sway bars
- 17 inch Velox rim and Yokohama 45 low pro tires
- Black and white racing seats
- Bertone hand holds
- Door panels/interior panels like-new off of 1990s model
- Perfect dash from 80s era 240
- Power mirrors from 90s era 240.
- Power windows
- 1990s windshield
- Perfect single round headlights and grill
- New AC from 90s era model
- New head gasket
- Windshield washer squirters and rear wiper holed welded during body work.
Shipping, transport, all applicable taxes, license, fees, etc. to be paid by buyer.