1967 Volvo 1800S
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volvo
- Model: 1800 S
- SubModel: GT
- Type: 2-dr Coupe
- Trim: Black
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 68,542
- VIN: 23841
- Color: 95-1 Volvo light blue
- Engine size: B20 with genuine Weber carburetor/headers
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Ethanol-free gasoline w/lead substitute added
- Drive type: Standard 4-speed manual w/OEM overdrive
- Interior color: Black
- Safety options: 3-point shoulder belts
- Options: chrome luggage rack, automatic back-up light, radial tires
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Volvo 1800 S GTFor the first few years of the P1800 series, he Jensen corporation of Englandmanufactured the Volvo P1800 under license from Volvo. The parent company was not happy with the early Jensen cars and took over after a few years of U.K. production.The car wasat this point,known (and badged) as the 1800 S. The "S" stands for made inSweden. The cars for the next few years, ere indeed made in Sweden. My personal favorite is the 1967 Model year and I set out topurchase andrestore one of these cars. This car was carefully selected for low mileage, O rust (California), orrectand it wascomplete (with many extra parts)to start with. I traveled South across the Oregon border into California to secure this car, nspected, urchasedand traileredthe Volvobackhome to Oregon in 2004. The restoration began by installing the brand newWeber carburetor (still in its OEM box)on top of the new headers. I drove the car and made assessment of what was needed for a body-on restoration. The interior was so good and the body so straight, went to work on finding and upgrading anything that was worn, orn or damaged in any way. Years were spent finding parts from all over the world as the Volvo waited its turn for restoration. My March 1952 Volkswagen Standard sedan was mycurrent project and the VW was completed in December of 2014 and sold that same month. The current owner of mySplit-Windowhas given me permission to post his actual (unedited) email,regarding the acceptance of theVW sedanto the Carmel, alifornia Concours on the Avenue this month (Tuesday, ugust 11)...."Hello you guys
I hope that this note finds you both well.
We are currently
at our Florida house and will be here for another 6 weeks until late June.
you coming East to visit your daughter ?
I am happy to tell you that the
Volkswagen has been accepted to the Concours on the Avenue in Carmel California
in August of this year.
This is the first real show where we will have the
pleasure of showing her.
I am currently putting a book together of your
Perhaps after that a poster of the restoration that you performed
I think it would be great for the public to be able to see the pains
that you went to getting her to where she is today.
We love the car and can’t
wait for the public at a big show to see her.
Scott" (May 16. Owners full name withheld by request)
The acceptance to this concours event is quite an honor to the painstaking efforts by myself in making the VWrestoration correct and authentic in every possible way! Please view the VW in Carmel on the 11th, if you are able)to judge the quality of my workmanship. This same care, syou can see, s quiteevident in the 1967 Volvo 1800S restoration as well. To view the 2 videos I posted last yearof the 1952 VW restoration,paste in(on the youtube website) the following titles....1952 VW Type 1 Standard and 1952 VW Type 1 Standard Details
See the2 video slideshows of this car now!Goto theyoutube website andpaste in...
1967 Volvo 1800S for sale on eBay 8/5/15 (make sure you view full screen and 1080HD quality for best viewing!)
1967 Volvo 1800S for sale on eBay 8/7/15
Captions for this auction areas follows below...
1. This view shows the left frontal of the car sporting the professionally applied Volvo #95-1 OEM color (same color as Roger Moorethe "Saint" drove back on the 60'sTV show) OEM wheels & beauty ringsare shod with brandnew,size165 X 80 R15 Radial tires (stability)
2. Front view showing the grille andgrille badges
3. This view shows the right frontal of the car with the OEM Lucas SFT 576 driving lights which have NOS lenses and new bulbs
4. This view showing the complete passengerside of the car
5. This view shows the passenger rear quarter panel& the big chrome back-up light, hich really illuminates the rear automatically, hen reverse gear is engaged& the key is switched on
6. Thisshows the rear of the car with the boot lid closed
7. This view isthe left rear quarter panel showing the "S" Sweden international sticker
8. This view illustrates the entire left side of the car
9. This completes the 360 degree walk-around of the outside body of the Volvo
10. Thesmooth-running B20 engine purrs& rock steadyat idle (600 rpm) sounds great w/genuine Weber & when the headers kick-intoo!
11. The dash is beautiful with brand-new upper dash& affordsadditional UV protection when you use thefitted carpet outer dash covers
12. Triple OEM gauges energized (engine running) from left to right... Fuel showing 1/2 full, il pressure showing 52 psi at idle, lock has beenfitted w/quartz movement& nowhas beenkeeping perfect time fora month! (all the 1800 series OEM clocks were very problematic)
13. The big,OEM heater was taken apart, owdercoated by Linder Powdercoating Medford, regon& then reassembled w/new caulking
14. The OEM generator was professionally rebuilt by AA Electric of Medford, regon keeping the brand new battery fully charged.
15. The original interior as seen from thedrivers side of the car. The 1967S is the last 1800 series car with the beautiful, acy wheel!
16. OEM back seat (note: orange is reflection through the back window due to our smoke filled valley. No discolored black seat material.
New leather luggage retainer-straps,handcraftedby a local leatherworkerand at one time,Volvo 1800E owner! Thanks again Paul!
17. Shows the NOS OEM horn button which is FLAWLESS! (RARE!) The overdrive dash indicator light can be seen through the wheel.
18. OEM tools and tool pouch (even the tie-up string for the pouch is here!)
19. just some of the goodies the new owner will get with thepurchase of this fine vehicle
20. OEM jack that fits in concave cups on all 4 corners, nder the car (very secure) also seen is the "T" retainer to hold the jack in place
21. Wayne Carini a comment regarding the future of the 1800 Volvo and a picture ofa car similar to theRoger Moore "The Saint" car
22. This fine, hrome luggage rack has not been drilled into the boot lid as yet. The new owner will decide whether or not to attach it. Nylon straps are included to securely strap the rack to the lid if you don't choose to drill holes& only occasionally use the rack for Grand Touring.
23. The unique hood scoop lets in air under the bonnet&inset grille, atches the vent grille mesh.Buyer also gets a non-scooped hood!
24. Clear, regon title for 1967 Volvo coupe # 23841 my name and wifes signature will beentered, hen title transfer to the new owneris made upon the sale of the Volvo. (Note: our addresshas been blocked from view intentionally)
Even if you arejust slightly interested in what the investor experts are saying, lease do view the collector Buzz currently regarding the purchase and sales of Volvo 1800 models going on this year. First go to Google and then,paste in... Collector Car Buzz: Volvo P1800, he Next Big Thing...or, essage me via this link...Ask seller a questionI will send you the direct link as soon as I receive your message.
Now you can read what the experts are saying regarding the Volvo 1800
If you would like to view many, anymore pictures of this car, lease make your request to me through the eBay messaging system.(the blue link above)ebay allows links ifsent through the message system now
I have actually met Irv Gordon and seen his pretty red P1800. He has the Guinness book of world record distinction of owning the car with the most miles officially on the odometer...now over 4 million miles on a 1966 P1800 Volvo! I met and talked to him whenhecame to the West Coast Davis, alifornia Volvo meet, eldin the Spring. He lives in New York State& has always driven great distances in his 1800.
Please open 2 identical auction windows to easily shuttle between photographs and captions in this auction. Check back often as I will be adding more elementswhile the 7-day auction progresses through the week....Good luck!
I would like to thank the manypeople who made this lifelongdream a reality. If you would like to contact me and discuss any aspect of the Volvo, leasecontact me through the eBay messagesystem. As I am the builder/owner,I will be happy to do my best to answer any specific questions you may haveregarding this outstanding vehicle! There is so much here and it is my hope thatyou take the time to study all the information now available to you. Have fun....