1993 VOLVO 240 245 WAGON CLASSIC. NO RESERVE
Price: US $600.00 Item location: Kinderhook, New York, United States
- Make: Volvo
- Model: 240
- Trim: Base
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 240,779
- VIN: YV1AW8800P1950864
- Color: White
- Engine size: 4CLY
- Power options: Heated Seats, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Volvo 240 BaseThis vehicle is being sold AS IS. If you are interested, I can schedule a time for you to look at the vehicle.
- Work that has been done to it in the past 3 years:
- Steering coupler replaced on July 2014
- Repaired and spliced fuel return line July 2014
- All four brake rotors were replaced in July 2014
- 3 brake calipers replaced July 2014
- Inner - left tie rod end replaced, left outer tie rod endJuly 2014
- New left rear tail light wiring
- Replaced alternator and mount December 2016
- Replaced muffler, exhaust system, head pipe assembly, June 2015
- Replaced air-flow sensor May 2016
- Heated seats still work
- Interior is in good - not great - shape
- Has had regular oil changes and check-ups every 3000 miles
- Has passed NY state inspection for the year
- handles the snow extremely well, especially for a RWD
- Car does not start - but, it does crank which makes me think this is a fuel-pump issue, which is not an uncommon issue, but I'm not a mechanic. The car was driven perfectly fine for the past year with no problems.
- Has over 240,000 miles
- The air-conditioner does not work. This happens over time and I've seen it happen to multiple Volvo 240's.
- The gas gauge does not work. Mechanic said this is most likely the sending unit within the gas tank - probably 300 to 500 dollars worth of work. I've seen a step-by-step for the 245 on Youtube, but beyond my expertise.
- Door speakers are a bit screwed up - they work, just need to be properly mounted.
- The original radio/tape deck was replaced with a CD player and AUX jack - I guess this could be good, but I'm usually a fan of the OEM parts. That being said, the AUX jack is great for playing podcasts/music off of the iPhone/iPod.
- Paint - its scratched, rusted, has weird spots, all the things that accrue over 25 years.
- Driver's side seat needs new spring support
- Battery was replaced on 31Aug2014 - could use replacing again
- Rust! This car was driven in Buffalo, NY and Albany, NY. It snows a LOT and they use a LOT of salt - the body has significant rust, but I know it was washed frequently to inhibit the spreading of the rust. I've taken pictures of the rust spots.