Price: US $2,000.00 Item location: Owasso, Oklahoma, United States
- Make: Volvo
- Model: 1800E
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 90,044
- VIN: 1826363037686
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: B20F
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black/Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Volvo 1800EThis has been a rolling restoration since mid 2006.
* All engine seals & hoses replaced.* Engine converted to unleaded gas with hardened valve seats & a valve job.* Cast iron engine (block & head) with a 5 main bearing crank shaft.* AW70L 4 speed automatic overdrive transmission. Find an 1800 series with that! They are few & far between.* Separatetransmission oil cooler (below radiator @ chin position).* 4.56 Dana rear end gears. About 2900 RPMs @ 70 MPH.* Bosch fuel injection.* A123 electronic ignition.* New paint job in May 2012.* New springs & shocks around 2015.* New front end alignment 2016.* Interior redone about 2 yrs ago.* Dashboard redone (new dash pad & paint). What a job that was!* Volvo dealer installed AC (new compressor around 2014).* Car runs & drives very well.* 6 local car show awards since 2014. This is a weekly driver, not a garage queen.
Notable Volvo 1800 series in history:Roger Moore drove 2 Volvo 1800's in The Saint TV series (P1800 & 1800S).Irv Gordon drove his1966 Volvo 1800S into the Guinness Book of World Records (currently over 3 million miles, certified as the highest mileage private vehicle driven by the original owner in non-commercial service).
Volvo 1800 Series Production:
- (1961–1972) 39,407 sport coupe's.
- (1972-1973) 8,077 sport estate's.
- West Bromwich, England (under licence byJensen Motors, 1961–62).
- Torslanda, Sweden (1963–1973).
- Gothenburg, Sweden (1963–1973). This car's data plate states Gothenburg in Aug 1971.
- Designer:Pelle Petterson.