1983 Volvo 242 B23F, M46, K Cam
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volvo
- Model: 240
- SubModel: 242 DL
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 2-door
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 200,000
- VIN: YV1AX8829D2237191
- Color: White
- Engine size: 4-cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Vehicle Title: Salvage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 Volvo 240 242 DL
1982 Volvo 242 B23F, M46, K Cam, IPD sway bars and panhard bar, koni shocks, lowering springs, new (less 50 miles) catless 2.5 inch exhaust.
Very straight car with very little rust for an East Coast Volvo 240, minor dent on right rear fender. My intention was to do ice racing with it and then put a roll cage for some NASA Rally events. However, my economic situation has changed since then and I can not with a straight face head in that direction anymore. I love this car, the looks, the screaming engine. Anyway, here are the highlights:
- The previous owner replaced the timing belt and tensioner less than 3k ago. He also replaced all the vacuum lines, new plugs, plug wires, new distributor, whole new brake system - rotors, pads, calipers all round, fresh oil change, new shifter bushings, new motor mounts.
- Clutch is tight and trans shifts smoothly through all gears.
- I replaced the alternator and alternator belt 15 miles ago.
- Replaced front headlights to make this car safe to drive at night: 2 new Cibie headlamp units and 2 Osram 70/65w bolbs, and new relay and wiring harness (from Daniel Stern Ligthing)
- Brand new catless 2.5 inch pipe and exhaust.
- Two sets of wheels included 15x7 OZ MSW mesh wheels with new Falken's and a set of Team Dynamics 17x8 track wheels with worn/hard-assYokohama's
- I replaced the heater blower engine (oh the joy of that job!)
- Currently has a Corbeau race bucket in the driver seat. I have a factory seat that I will include.
- The wiring engine harness was cleaned up. However, the "bio-degradable" ICU wiring harness is shit (which I guess is also bio-degradable). Changing this harness was next in my set of things to do.
- The engine is running rough when at very light throttle. It is not a vacuum leak. I would start by replacing the ICU wiring harness (see line above) before doing any more troubleshooting.
- Odometer does not work, true mileage unknown.
- Grille has several broken mount tabs and is held in with zip ties.
1983 Volvo 242 DL with flat hood conversion (7' round headlights, big front bumper, flat hood)
Engine: B23F, M46, K Cam, Jetronic injection. Head: 405 off a Canadian model which uses KJet system. It is a stroker setup. Cam is Volvo OEM that comes from the Volvo penta boat engines.
Transmission: M46 (not 100% sure though). Over drive is disconnected (higher RPMs at highway cruising. I drove it in the highway many times and it did not bother me)
IPD sway bars and panhard bar koni shocks,
Cut lowering springs, pretty low and it handles really nice.
Exhaust: New catless mid-pipe and Borla exhaust
Additional Pictures athttps://flic.kr/s/aHsko6PiTy