1968 vw beetle sedan
Price: - Item location: Chico, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 8435
- VIN: 118008179
- Color: Red
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Volkswagen Beetle - ClassicVolkswagen Beetle - A nicely restored classic daily driver.I purchased this car in 2013 and over the course of 12 months restored the car inside and out, and made it my daily driver. It has served me well but I just have too many cars and sadly, this one has to go. Just about every component has been rebuilt and restored to factory standards.
- To begin with, the brakes have all been replaced as well as all hoses and the master cylinder. The tires have been replaced and wheel bearings repacked. The engine was completely torn down and rebuilt with new 1600 CC 85.5 pistons and cylinders for a little extra HP...this car cruises nicely at 70 MPH on the freeway and tracks well. The engine has single port heads that were re-machined and rebuilt. The engine does have small oil leak coming from the flywheel lip seal which I replaced last winter but it still persists....not major just annoying. The swing arm bushings have been replaced and the suspension leveled in the rear. The transmission is original and is in good shape and the clutch shows no wear and has a new through out bearing.
- The interior of the car was completely gutted and rebuilt in 2013. This is a rust free car and there was no rust on the floor pan or under the battery. I completely sanded the floors and applied a POR 15 coating throughout. The floor was soundproofed with insulation and new grey carpet was installed. The front and rear seats were stripped, repainted, and new foam and seat upholstery was installed. The cream white seats, grey carpet, black door panels looks really nice against the red exterior. I also replaced the headliner while I had all the windows out and did a decent job....not quite perfect but close.....headliners are hard to do!! The padded dash is cracked and should eventually be replaced but just was a priority for me. All gauges, wipers, lights, etc work as does the heater and defroster. The heat exchange boxes are in great shape. I have a Sapphire AM/FM radio installed going through the single speaker in the dash, Nothing has been molested on the dash or the rest of car. I tried to keep this car as original as possible.
- The exterior was completely sanded and repainted in 2013 back to the original VW red color. The engine compartment still sports the original red paint as does most of the interior except for the drivers door which was repainted something I always wanted to correct but not a high priority for me. The car hood and nose showed evidence of a minor front end accident but I was able to pound out the damage and was able to keep the original hood, fenders, etc. I documented all the repairs with photos etc. while restoring the car and send this word document onto you upon request. All window rubber has been replaced as well as most of the other weather striping. You still have to open the window a crack to close the door as it so airtight. When I have the car painted, I loosened all the fenders for the painters and then installed the black fender piping as I dislike VW paint jobs painting over the piping....not good! Most of the chrome on the car is in good shape with no repo parts used. On a scale of one to 10, I would give this car a strong 8 or maybe even a nine. It looks really nice. The paint is holding up very well as has been stored inside since 2013 however there are a couple of chips from road gravel. I installed a new battery in January and probably have put about 300 miles on it since then.
- This car to strong and reliable and fun to drive......feel free to ask me anything about the car!!!
- The registration is paid through Oct. 2021 and this car sports its original California black license plates, the back one is in perfect condition and front one is rough with what looks like a bullet holes in it. Cool!!!
- A $500 deposit is requested via pay-pal within24 hrs of the end of auction with the balance paid by cash or certified check within 7 days from the end of the auction