1986 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia Wolfsburg Edition
Price: US $38,500.00 Item location: Martinez, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- SubModel: Campermobile
- Type: Van Camper
- Trim: CAMPMOBILE
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 138471
- VIN: WV2ZB0253GH006995
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: 2.1L Gas I4
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gold
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon CAMPMOBILEFor sale is an exceptional, well-maintained and highly upgraded Westy in excellent condition with just 138k original miles and and well over $25k worth of upgrades. This Westy has undergone a full and rigorous service and restoration to address any and all known issues - over $8k was spent on maintenance - this includes a recent clutch and transmission rebuild by the professionals at Valley Wagonworks, making this vehicle a road-ready and reliable travel companion for years to come. This Westy also boasts an impressive number of upgrades throughout the cabin and exterior.
Iâ€™ve poured a lot of love into this old Westy. If youâ€™d like to learn about all of the upgrades in detail, as well as review the labor and maintenance receipts you can find this information in the links below.
Read the full list of upgrades and additions here
Review maintenance receipts here
- Stock 2.1L, 4 cylinder water cooled engine with 138K original miles
- 4 speed manual transmission - full clutch and transmission rebuild by Valley Wagonworks.
- Pop-top roof with newer canvas
- Full galley kitchen with fridge and stove
- Cupboard unit with 40L freshwater tank
- Wardrobe with mirror
- Front table with swing arm
- Foldable rear bench with bed mattress
- Repainted about 6 years ago
- No rust issues
- Smogged and registered in California
- Clean title
Upgrades and Additions (there are many!):
- Full 100 watt solar array feeding 2x deep cycle batteries powering the entire interior cabin
- 120V 300W pure sine wave power inverter (charge your laptop, grind your coffee beans, etc).
- Go Westy South African 4-Headlight Grille Kit with lights
- Rocky Mountain West Twin Peaks bumper system with grille guard and trailer hitch
- Go Westy 15â€ rims
- Truck Fridge TF49 (oversized fridge that runs on solar power!)
- Custom â€˜wine cellarâ€™ that can hold 5 bottles
- Projector television and screen (the projector runs Android OS and can play Netflix, Hulu, etc)
- Brand new JBL car stereo system with integrated amps and subwoofer
- Custom power locks installation with alarm led
- Professionally tinted windows throughout
- VanagonLife locking steel center console
- Custom led cabin lighting
- Custom light installation in cupboards with switches
- Complete faucet upgraded kit with new fresh water hoses
- Pop top lift assist struts
- Thule roof racks
- XL Thule 625 Force roof cargo box
- Rocky Mountain Vanagon ladder
- Streamlight Strion LED Rechargeable Flashlight
- Premium 2â€ latex mattress topper
- The AC motor recently went out and needs to be replaced.
- Small dent on right rear wheel well
This Westy has been loved and proven to be a great companion vehicle for my adventures across the US over the last few years. It has always been garaged in California when not in use and the interior/exterior reflect these optimal storage conditions. Iâ€™ve owned the Westy for about 4 years now and spent hundreds of hours improving and restoring it which has been a great pleasure to me. The previous long-term owner was a college professor who used the vehicle sparingly with his wife, and so this Westy has been in good hands, gently driven and well-maintained throughout its history.
I am reluctant to part with my VW, but I my living situation has changed and itâ€™s time to let it go.
I know the vehicle quite well and I am happy to answer any questions you might have.