1991 Volkswagen VW jetta coupe mk2 Calypso California
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Jetta
- Year: 1991
- Mileage: 192800
- VIN: wvwma21g7mw140359
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1991 Volkswagen Jetta
OK so I have owned this car for many years. I did sell it to my mother for her use as a retired person and she owned it for about 5 years, then she sold it back to me when I bought her a Honda CRV, as she wanted 4 doors. Since I bought it back, I have corrected a few issues the car had and now I am ready to turn it over to the next owner. I already own four other mk2s and a mk3 so I am very familiar with them and love them dearly.
I purchased this car almost ten years ago with a bad transmission but a strong engine, and did the transmission replacement using a Eurospec transmission with upgraded syncros (a common fault on these transmissions). While I was in there, I replaced the clutch as well.
If you feel like the list of issues is long on this car, please consider that many people try to hide most of the car problems in order to get more money or to get rid of junk. That is not my motto, as Honesty is top on my list, even if it means I get less money for the car. I will someday answer to a higher power than myself and I need to be feel comfortable doing that.Jetta coupe for sale located in Kingsport, TN.
- High Points:All Jetta coupes were built in Wolfsburg Germany. Better build quality than the cars made in the Pennsylvania plant or in the Puebla Mexico plant.
- Engine is torquey and pulls strong past 85 mph, I did not try to go faster than that but it showed no signs of slowing down or losing power.
- Brake pedal is high and firm, with no vibrations.
- Steering is responsive and tight, with a slight vibration above 65mph.
- Exhaust has a good if slightly loud tone.
- Transmission is from Eurospec, and has upgraded syncros. I bought the transmission from the original purchaser after he parted out his car. Eurospec: "dual synchroniser assembly for 1st and 2nd gears"
- Clutch was replaced 5 years ago, when the transmission was installed. Clutch pedal feels good, with no slop.
- Valve cover gasket and oil pan gasket have been replaced in the last month. very small oil leak on the front of the engine.
- Shifter knob and boot are genuine leather from the factory.
- Ignition coil replaced in the last 2 years, as have the brake calipers, pads and master cylinder, along with the booster.
- No rust, at all! not even around the windshield, as the windshield is factory VW and fits perfectly.
- Hood latch works properlySeat belts work
- Dash lights workCoolant bottle/sensor replaced in the last month
- Shifter works properly but there might be enough slack in it that getting it into R/5th could take some adjustment for those unfamiliar with it. I don't have a problem but my wife does.
- Glass is good with no cracks, windshield is factory VW
- Lights work
- Windshield is good condition
- 13â€ bmw 320 wheels 4x100 in good condition with 2 center caps, all four tires match with good tread
- Spare tire is present
- Both seats have the Tilt function, in addition to slide and recline
- Sunroof works properly and does not leak
- Wind noise is apparent at higher speeds and comes from the raingutter/door seals.
- Dash has cracks and chips in it from UV exposure.
- Tachometer does not work.
- Passenger side Steering rack boot is torn.
- Body damage along the passenger side, side mirror was replaced
- Door handles are typical mk2, â€œlift and squeezeâ€
- Seat padding is compromised and has lost some of its form and softness
- a/c does not work but all components are present
- blower fan does turn on with the switch.
- A heater/AC box is included with sale.
- Headliner fabric is losing its adhesion, and is held in with small pins at the corners
- Rear speakers are missing; car came with 6 speaker Aktiv system, where signal went from deck to amps located behind door speakers, then to all six speakers.
- Rocker trim is included but not installed for one side, other side is installed
I can help drive the car to a shipper within 50 miles if you want, at no charge but Buyer is responsible for all shipping charges as well as payment fees and such.