1967 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE Classic BUG - Restored & Gorgeous!
Price: - Item location: St. George, Utah, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- SubModel: Type I
- Type: Sedan
- Doors: 2
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 45,010
- VIN: 117594519
- Color: Deep Blue Metallic
- Engine size: 1600
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
- Interior color: Cream White with blue accents
- Options: Air Conditioning, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic Type I1967VolkswagenBeetle - Classic BugReserve Price Lowered
This beauty was fully restored in 1999 by Clarke's VW Restoration in Ocala, L. At the same time, new 1600 engine was installed and it was fitted with a custom under-dash Air Conditioning unit. I was not the owner at the time, ut have receipts showing over $9000 paid in '99 for this restoration.
It has seen little road activity since then. I've owned it for 5 years (since October 2010) when I purchased it with 37,428 on the new engine. I have put less than 8,000 miles on it, or a total of just over 45,000 miles.
To say it's a real head-turner is to be modest! Everyone seems to have a Beetle memory from their past, o it generates a lot of interest and conversation where ever we go. The engine runs strong, s peppy and can be used as a daily drive car ifdesired, r at least a weekend around-town car. Air conditioning has two fans speeds, ear-mounted fan andcondenser mounted in front passenger wheel well. It needs to be recharged each summer for maximum performance, ut blowsstrong, ools well, s not overly noisy, nd looks like a factory install, ot an after-market add-on.
Recent maintenance includes new seals in engine and transmission, ear brake shoes, aster cylinder, ew fuel pump and rear adjustable shocks. Regular oil changes and valve adjustments have been performed and documented. Only hi octane (91) fuel used. Tires have some good tread remaining. It's not meticulous, how car quality, ut close to it. Several minor issues worth noting include small paint chips interior and edge of doors (have been retouched), indshield washer not working, ear wheel white port-a-wall is scraped, eater lever doesn't stay in up position, river side window has some faint scratches. This will give the new owner something to do!
Restoration and original features include:
- Deep metallic blue paint on exterior and interior dash, oor jams, hroughout...
- Cream leather upholstery with light blue cloth insets, o rips or stains.
- Gray carpet and black rubber floor mats.
- Retro Sound AM/FM Radio, esigned to fit the original dash trim.
- Radio includes iPhone jack and USB/SD Card bracket in glove box.
- Retractible seat belts.
- 12v conversion.
- Rear deck mounted stereo speakers.
- Front console with cup holders. Back seat wire basket.
- Lots of exterior chrome trim includes mud guards, unning boards and headlight 'eyelids'.
- Bumper chrome is high-quality, n excellent condition.
- Chrome half-moon hub caps.
- Great gas mileage!
- Owners manual and maintenance receipts included.
- Wide whitewall port-a-wall tire inserts
Buyer is responsible for shipping costs, ut I'll assist with the transport.I'll include a few extra trim parts (extra side mirror, hrome bumper guards, anvas wheel covers, ulbs, uses, tc...).Reasonable reserve set, o bid to win one of the nicest Beetles still around.
See More photos here:
Go to flickr dot com, hen paste this onto the address:/photos/84824473@N04/albums/72157659835272542/with/22166190852/