1988 Volkswagen Caravelle Syncro
Price: US $40,000.00 Item location: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Caravelle
- SubModel: Syncro
- Type: Van Camper
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 110000
- VIN: 2ZZZ25ZJG020987
- Color: White
- Engine size: '06 2.0L Volkswagen Passat
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Brown
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 Volkswagen CaravelleRegret to inform that I've decided to get rid of this one of a kind adventure vehicle. It's an '88 VW Syncro with low miles (~115000 mi), a new engine as of 2017 and a body with very limited wear and tear.
Major repairs to the bus include:
- April '17: Installed (4) BF Goodrich All-Terrain Tires (currently have ~18,000 mi on them)
- July-October '17: Engine Swap from an old VW Diesel Rabbit engine to an '06 VW gasoline Jetta Engine Kit (clutch kit, hardware, fuel pump, starter motor, wiring harness, power steering, battery, added locker), rebuilding the transmission as well for higher gearing (Currently has ~13,500 mi on it)
- November '17- Timing belt kit installed halfway through XC trip
- December '17- Alternator replaced
- September '18- Battery cables replaced with braided battery cable system for better connection between battery, engine.
- April-July '19- Brake system rebuilt after brake booster went, replacing brake booster, master cylinder and rear metal brake lines. I love this thing but don't have the money or mechanical expertise to keep up. Happy to answer any question/offers, provide repair receipts, ect.
Note- This is an 1988 Syncro. eBay didn't accept the VIN number punched in so said it was older than '81 to avoid needing the VIN to be accepted. Can take a picture to validate if necessary.