1896 Vanagon Westfalia Syncro Weekender (Subaru 3.0L motor)
Price: US $38,000.00 Item location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- SubModel: Syncro
- Type: Van Camper
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 143000
- VIN: WV2XB0256GG085978
- Color: Green
- Engine size: Subaru 3.0L (2001)
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: AWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender (Pop-Top) w/ 2001 Subaru Outback 3.0L Engine Swap.
AWD (viscous coupler) and locking differential, this van handles snow, mud, and sand. Rear seat folds down, and sleeps two adults. Upstairs pop-top could fit two more snugly, or ideal for two kids.
Asking $38,000, and will entertain reasonable offers, but don't waste my time. If you know these vans, then you know what they're worth.
From the records we have, we appear to be the 4th owner. The records included with the van include those from the previous 3 owners as well as from us. We have owned the van for 3 Â½ years and selling for something bigger. We have upgraded a few items on the van but the majority of the upgrades were done by the previous owner. Passed PHX emissions testing in May 2019.
Here is a list of the various upgrades:
Upgrades/repairs done by us since April 2015:
- ARB awning
- Go Westy Bigger Brakes
- Go Westy Swing Away Tire Carrier System
- Complete Transmission rebuild
- Replaced all interior and exterior bulbs with LEDs
- Auxiliary Battery Kit
- Custom engine skid plate
- Replaced shocks, valve cover gaskets, timing chain cover, AC compressor, oil pan, coolant temperature sensor, fuel filter, starter
- Replaced starter, wiring
- Professional window tinting
- New upgrade retro-look bluetooth stereo
Upgrades done by previous owner:
- 2001 Subaru Outback 3.0 H6 installed with 116K miles on engine.
- H6 engine work, re-sealed front cover, replaced oil cooler, replaced spark plugs, replaced valve cover gaskets, replaced thermostat
- During conversion, replaced radiator, catalytic converter, heater hose, fuel pump, alternator, 2 rear axles, 2 front axles, steering rack, drive shaft, stainless steel fuel tank straps, stainless steel coolant pipes, starter
- New decoupler Installed
- 3 new rear 3 point seat belts installed
- New vacuum check for rear locker
- Paint mini cooper racing green, inside and out, new chip guard all around
- Seats that have been redone with color matching
- All new internal panels to match new seats
- Go Westy 15" rims and tires
- Go Westy front bumper with high lift jack extension, and rear bumper with trailer hitch
- Go Westy tan front carpet and rubber mats, Dynomat installed under all flooring
- New high powered headlights and high beams with South African grill
- New Go Westy green pop-top canvas and all new pop top seals with lift assist jacks for the pop-top
- Odometer broken when we purchased the van, currently reads around 143K.
- Speedometer has not been recalibrated for the larger wheels, but math is easy!
- Scanguage installed but we have never used it and it may not be functional.
This van is basically turnkey, ready for your next camping trip, or even as a daily driver. The Subaru motor runs smoothly, and will turn the wheels without trouble. Unlike the stock motor, or even the usual motor swaps, power is not a problem with the 3L. This Syncro is capable of going much faster than I'm comfortable driving it, honestly. Passing and hill climbs are not a problem.
Email or text with any questions. Will deliver under limited circumstances. Located in PHX, AZ.
623 377 4456 (c)