Westfalia Weekender, pop-top!
Price: US $31,900.00 Item location: Oakland, California, United States
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- SubModel: Westfalia
- Type: Minivan
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 105000
- VIN: WV2ZB0252HH020890
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: GoWesty 2300
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Volkswagen Bus/VanagonA wonderful Westfalia. This version has the rear bench that folds to a bed, pop-up roof with a top bed and without the weight of the camper sink, etc. Comes with a detachable cooler, original from 87.
New GoWesty 2.3 engine, loads of torque.
Fabric seats in good shape - fantastic
Rear cabinet, mid cabin light, rear facing jump-seat
Rear tire have plenty of tread, front at at 50%
Records from 2015Power steering, everything else is manual.
Truly hope we find the right owner, you will need a certain appreciation of the old school concept, using the dipstick, checking the coolant and using the clutch! If that's good, keep on reading.
Please do your research and you'll see why this is a special van. Handling is amazing, given the rear weight bias. She is rear engine, rear wheel drive and a stick shift !!
Tons of updates and new parts:
At 103,000 miles
- New 2300cc Engine (block, head, water pump, thermostat housing). Still using mineral from break-in period.
- New catalyst, exhaust, J pipe and brackets.
- All coolant hoses replaced, complete hose kit using rubber + stainless steel pipes
- New fuel hoses
- New instrument cluster board, now the lights are bright and the clock works!
- Replaced front window seals including the triangle window, plus the extra A pillar trim from GoWesty and using some Fatmat, she's quiet and no wind noise.
- Upgraded high and low headlights with Gowesty vision package (relays and bulbs), now with LEDs installed
- Rear axle was clicking, replaced at Fred's garage.
- New clutch at Fred's garage
- One coolant hose didn't look good replaced
- GoWesty rear bumper with 2" integrated hitch receiver
Two years ago:
- Rebuild entire brakes, front rotors, pads, bearings and lines. Rear drums and shoes(pads)
- Sealed the gas tank from a common leak
- New Blaupunkt head unit with Bluetooth and Pandora sourced from Crutchfield)
- New Blaupunkt speakers
You will not find anything like this on the road today, the style, the newly found power/torque and space for your gear. I always get great comments and thumbs up, it's a classic look with upgraded mechanics - best of both!!
You should know:
1. A/C is operational electrically but compressor is loud and doesn't work
3. The front heater fan doesn't work, plenty of heat when moving and from the rear heater. In northern CA, I lived fine with these.