VW camper bus Westfalia Rare Champagne 1978 Bay window Camper Van
Price: US $24,500.00 Item location: Arvada, Colorado, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 94144
- VIN: 2382116697
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: 2000
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1978 Volkswagen Bus/VanagonJust in time for Christmas and what a gift this would beMy 1978 VW Westfalia Champagne edition (LOCATED IN DENVER COLROADO)
Berlin Deluxe Campmobile.
To celebrate this super rare top of the range 'Late Bay' Westy Campervan my wife and I decided to upgrade the awful (poo) brown colour with a 2016 Porsche 911 Paint colour called Anthracite brown (Paint code 991).
When you're a classic VW bus and have enjoyed 40 years travelling happy families around the globe what better than to have a modern take on the Champagne theme!
We feel the metallic color compliments the VW for the modern day.
in my mind Split window buses look cool but are horrid too drive. These late bay window Westfalias are in a league of their own.
I owned a 1977 Wesfalia in London and drove it for 10 years around France, Spain, Belgium, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England.
Once you own one of these you will love them!
Champagne Westfalia Camper Rare features include:
1. Factory Chrome bumpers with rubber inserts fitted
2. Factory rare brown steering wheel & dashboard
3. Factory VDO dashboard clock4. Front Canvas factory Hammock5. Middle Front buddy seatstorage box (goes in between from seats)
Usual Westfalia features include:
1. Deluxe Kitchen block with lift up 2 burner Stove and sink.
2. Front and rear factory tables (i am still looking for the front table pole)
3. Pop top roof with full width double bed
4. Lower Â¾ rock and roll factory double bed
5. Front Factory Hammock (for infant or dog)
6. Front passenger factory swivel seat base
7. Pair of factory fitted Westfalia Side Louvre windows
8. Factory fitted coolbox
9. Factory fitted electrical hook up and sockets
New items fitted:
1. Both Front seats were professionly re covered in the factory brown Plaid Check Westfalia Fabric.
2. Brand new Westfalia pop top roof kit fitted with new gasket seals
3. Brand new Pioneer Cd Radio with USB input/ Mobile phone charger (plus 4 speakers Not fitted but included)
4. Brand new front sunvisors
5. Brand new front kick boards
6. Brand new Front clear Turn signals fitted
7. Brand new 14" White wall tires
8. Brand new front VW Emblem fitted
9. New front windshield fittedand 4 new New window rubbers fitted
10. Brand new pair of front door cards fitted (shipped from Just Kampers in the UK)
11. New under front seat rubber mats fitted and Brand New front cab floor matt fitted
12. Brand new (not fitted) replacement pop top tent canvas supplied. The new one has 3 opening zip mosquito net windows.This cost me $360
13. Brand new Empi Antenna fitted
14. Brand new front side Orange reflectors
15. Brand new rear Red side lights
The Camper just had over $3000 worth of work carried out by a awesome local VW air-cooled Garage that I use in Arvada, Denver Colorado.
They Fitted a brand new Exhaust, brand new front disc and pads for breaks, rear shock work, New 009 Distributer, full engine service and tune up, new igniton switch, new door seals, new rear luggage door seal, and much much more. Full detailed receipt included.
Clean title in my name and the bus comes with a large brown leather folder with VW maunals and new and old receips.
The Camper was taken back to bare metal and now looks great in the new Porsche metallic brown color. It looks neat in the sunshine.
There are a couple of areas in the paint that need a little TLC. Some over spray needs to be wet sanded. This is something I did not feel comfortable doing. The camper is super solid underneath. The front floor is super clean. Only area I can find that could be addressed in the future is the two battery trays.
The rear factory westfalia table operates but was hand painted by a previous owner.
One key fits all locks and ignition.Front curtain is missing.
Let me know if you wish to test drive and view and I have lots more photos and a video that I can send.
Please note the Westfalia iscurrently located in DENVERIrecently moved to Las Vegas.
So any viewings, test driving and collection of the vehicle will be fromNu Vintage VW Air cooled garage in Arvada, Denver, Colorado. They justfinished all thework last week.I require a $1000 deposit at end of auction into mypaypal. PLEASEcheckwith me first for my emailfirst as ihave 2 accounts..The Remainder to bepaid in full within 5 days after end of auction. I prefer Cash on collection or bank transfer. NO finalpayment with Paypal sorry.The fee's are too high.
The Camper is also advertisedelsewhere on Go Westy and Denver Craigslist where you canfind loads more photos. Ireserve the right to remove.I can sendeven more photos if you require any. I have taken loads more pictures.
Anyquestions please ask away
I canalsorecommend andhelp with information for shipping to the UK. I have a greatshipping company i canrecommend to get the bus to Houston Texas Port and anotherreliable company that i have usedbefore tosendvehicles from Houston Port to Dartford Port in the UK.
PLEASE NOTE the last photo shows how itwould look if you were to buy a set of Porsche Wheels for the Camper. THE PORSCHE WHEELS ARE NOT INCLUDED
The California plates are my own and not included in the saleThey are for the photos only sorry
PLEASE NOTE I JUST SET UP A 2ND ADON MY DENVER CRAIGSLIST PAGENOW THERE ARE A TOTAL OF48 PHOTOS TO SEE ON THE TWO ADDS. I WANTED TO ADD MORE BUT EBAY ONLY LETS ME ADD LESS.ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK AWAY. MANY THANKS
If any one has any questions regarding my Westfalia please feel free to callmany thanksLee 7206629440PS- Don't forget the 48 photos on my Craigslist Denver ad's. Its advertised on Denver Craigslist for $29500 so be grab a investment bargain bus now!