1982 Diesel VW Vanagon Westfalia, Upgraded engine
Price: US $20,000.00 Item location: Seattle, Washington, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Type: Van Camper
- Trim: Westfalia
- Year: 1982
- Mileage: 183500
- VIN: WV2ZG0258CH118056
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: 1.9 L NA Diesel
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1982 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon WestfaliaHello!
I'm selling my beautiful and loyal 1982 Diesel Westfalia. It's been a wonderful and trustworthy vehicle for me and I'm sad to see it go. As well as having been daily driver for me for the past 3 years, I have also driven it down the coast to California and back twice. The van is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition. She's all healthy, ready to go and take you anywhere you'd like!
Here is a breakdown of what its like:
- upgraded 1.9L Naturally Aspirated Diesel engine (as opposed to the 1.6L stock) with only ~ 33,000 miles on it. You can drive 65mph with this engine. I've been getting somewhere around 24-26 mpg on fuel consumption. Only has one very small oil leak. I've been told these engines ("1Y") are commonly converted to turbo-diesels if that's something you're looking at.
- Brand new silicone engine coolant hoses
- Strict maintenance regime followed on fluid changes
- New timing belt, alternator belt & water pump belt.
-transmission (manual) rebuilt recently to match larger engine RPMs
-brake system rebuilt 8,500 miles ago
-Good electric system
-new paint job
-canvas pop-top in good condition
-solar panel powered battery charging system w. extra house battery and inverter
-new drinking water pump/faucet
-upgraded speaker and stereo system
-interior upholstery in good condition
-dark window tints for privacy!
Make me an offer!