Description:

1991 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon Doka

Doka - OK here are the details:

·Vin: VW2ZZZ24ZLG122065

·Year 1991

·Miles: 59000km.

·Imported from Lithuania in 2017

·Has 100% USA legal import papers.

·Has 100% USA legal and current CT registration.

·Have Lithuanian Title too.

·Have copies of all import papers.

·Has 1.9 tdi VW diesel installed. About 5 years ago the 1.9. This Doka was always a diesel, but had the slower non- turbo 1.6L in the past.This is the AFN engine (Golf 1996-1999, Passat 1.9 TDi 1995-1999, Audi A4 1997-1999, etc. USA Models had these, so parts easy and cheap to get.) The AFN engine is a tougher higher horse power 1.9L Tdi that is commonly put into Vanagons in the EU

·Engine fully serviced and tuned up at Metro Diesel in Deep River CT less than 300 miles ago.

HasHas full run vinyl sunroof --- does NOT leak. Very cool as it opens whole roof.

·New turbo less than 300 miles ago

·New injectors - less than 300 miles ago

·New exhaust manifold gasket less than 300 miles ago

·New exhaust seals less than 300 miles ago

·New glow plug relay and timer less than 300 miles ago

·New shift linkage front and back about 800 miles ago

New cooling fan less than 800 miles ago

·New belt tension pulley and tension arm for Serp-Belt

·New glow plugs less than 300 miles ago

·New throttle control unit (gas pedal unit) and have extra since I put it in but it was not needed.

·LOADS of power -- best driving syncro I have ever had. 4 gear up hills, highway at 3100rpm at 70mph. I can actually outstrip average traffic at stop lights, etc.

·Fuel mileage is about 20-22mpg on highway and back roads at say 50-60 its touching 30mpg.

·Full skid plates from front top rear.

·Tires are 235/75-15 Brand new BFG T/A .

·Truck is lifted a bit (about 1.5 inches).

·Loads of stickers -- I will leave them on since some people love them. I can get pix for detail if you like., "?¦ some are unique cool EU ones.

·This thing DOES NOT have lockers or the AWD disconnect.

·No rust at all

·Paint job is a 8.5 out of 10 just because some of the lower stuff, like wires, etc have some over spray.

·New paint and interior are 2-3 years old. Paint freshened less than 300 miles ago.

·Interior in very good shape.

·Pickup bed is custom aluminum and seems to be at least 6 years old. Canopy and sides all very well made and tough as can be -- steel. Very tough really, "?¦ very field friendly.The steel could use a sand and powder coat or better yet a galvanizing.Its just fine, but has a couple rust spots that stain nearby paint a bit.I planned on hot dip galvanizing the frame, but have not gotten to it yet. I can have this done for you at the cost they charge me at CT Galvanizing.

·Has new clutch and fly wheel from heavy duty VW for VR6. Here is a link to the protocol I used in chosing clutch and flywheel.Pretty simple. https://www”dot”thesamba”dot”com/vw/forum/archive/index.php/o-t--t-402284--.html .Clutch was installed by Fred Newman a VW genius in Barkhamstead CT.

Why am I selling it?I fell in love with this thing.But I have many 4 door 4x4 Hilux and such already.This did not give me any new functionality.But I loved it.So I bought and imported a Westphalia syncro with the same engine, etc.So now I have something very similar (though my westy is not as powerful as the Doka - weight?....Age?Not sure.), but I can camp in it etc.

Anyway this Doka is sorted, tight, and very nice to drive.I worked out all the kinks over the last 1.5 years and 800 or so miles. I don't trucks that I don't at least feel comfortable driving around the world.

* these pix show side stickers - I have removed most of these except for the ones by batter box.

**Rooftop tent does not come with the Doka

*** Vehicle sold as is with no guarantees or warranties.

Feel free to message me with questions.
Local pick up only (Although I can help you set up shipping globally if you like/need).
Vehicle is for sale on other sites and in other formats, I reserve the right to withdraw the listing at any time.
Vehicle Details:
  • Condition: Used
  • Make: Volkswagen
  • Model: Bus/Vanagon
  • SubModel: Doka
  • Type: Crew Cab Pickup
  • Trim: Doka
  • Year: 1991
  • Mileage: 59,000
  • VIN: 00000000000000000
  • Color: Silver
  • Engine size: 1.9 Tdi Diesel