Ultra Custom VW Beetle "Volxrod", Hand Built and One of a Kind 1974 Bug!
Price: US $15,995.00 Item location: Gulfport, Mississippi, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- SubModel: Type 1
- Type: Hard top convertible
- Trim: Volxrod
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 6,500
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 1600 Dual Port - Professionally Built
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: CD Player, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic Type 1Reluctantly, am selling my 1974 VW Beetle type 1 "Volxrod". This car was hand built by Skidmarks Garage in Belleview, L. Anyone who regularly visits the big VW events on the east coast, ncluding the annual Bug Jam in October of each year will recognize this one of a kind vehicle. This car was featured in Hot VWs Magazine some years ago when Mark of Skidmark's first introduced the car to the public, fter a 6 year build. When you see the car, ou will realize where the time went. This car has more hand made parts than any car I've seen, ncluding customer fiberglass and billet aluminum items. You can see a series of pictures at the following link: http://1drv.ms/1NlXAGg. I cannot possibly list all the items of interest on this car, ut I'll attempt to list the big ones.
- The car is built on a 1974 type 1 pan, ut that's about the extent of the original car. The entire pan was built with completely new metal. The front beam is stock, nd adjustable for raising or lowering.
- The engine is a 1600cc dual port that was professionally built, ith dual carbs, nd lots of aftermarket bling, s well as few custom billet aluminum parts.
- The transmission was new when the car was built, nd is geared to easily move the big Weld Racing wheels on the back and front. The front tires were recently replaced with about 100 miles on them. A Gene Berg shifter gets you through the gears.
- The brake system includes Porsche disc brakes on all four corners. All brake lines are aluminum braided. The steering box and master cylinder are custom made billet components, long with many other hand made billet parts on the front end.
- The body started out as a stock type 1, nd was then chopped several inches. The rear fenders are widened toaccommodatetheover sizedrear tires, hile the entire front clip is custom made fiberglass components, ncluding the good and side skirts. The rear deck lid is also a custom made fiberglass part with custom carbon fiber inserts.
- The convertible top is custom made from fiberglass, nd is covered in cloth. The top raises electrically with the push of a switch. The body includes a full roll cage as well.
- The interior is custom made with recaro seats, oor panels, nd front and rear kick panels in a black/grey tweed that mimics the carbon fiber look throughout the car. The console is custom built and houses a Sony radio/CD player. Oh, nd one other thing, he blower intake sticking out of the hood is functional, ith the butterflies actuated when you push down the gas pedal. The intake is plumbed into the console of the car, nd provides fresh air while driving. It's essentially a custom air conditioning system.