1993 Volkswagen Eurovan MV Weekender with Pop-Top
Price: - Item location: Port Townsend, Washington, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: EuroVan
- SubModel: MV
- Type: Minivan
- Trim: MV
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 271,700
- VIN: WV2MC0706PH074826
- Color: White
- Engine size: 2.5
- Number of cylinders: 5
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Volkswagen EuroVan MV
It's time for "The Lovely Vanna White" to move on to someone who can give her the time and attention she deserves. My kids are grown, we don't camp/road-trip as much as we did, and I recently bought a newer daily driver. Runs and drives well, peppy, responsive, fun. Adventure ready right now.
1993 5-cylinder Eurovan MV with pop-top, 5-speed MANUAL TRANSMISSION. 271,700 miles, full professional engine rebuild at 177,000, (94K on rebuilt engine). I've owned her since 2007.THE GOOD STUFF
- Manual transmission - super rare in a Eurovan.
- 5-cylinder engine. She still gets 20-ish on the highway.
- Engine professionally rebuilt by JDB Imports in Colorado in 2007; trucked to Washington.
- Only 3 owners in 24 years.
- No accidents.
- Service records since 2007 (and some prior) - clutch, brakes, CV joints. New battery Summer 2017. Approx 1/4" treat left on front tires, slightly less on rear.
- All camper stuff present and in great shape- curtains, upper bunk cushions, under seat mini fridge, front window snap on shade, side and rear window screens.
- Original upholstery and carpet in good used condition. One tiny tear (<1/2") in rear bench seat, one small tear (1") in passenger side door fabric.
- Professionally installed Alpine Stereo with Aux and USB inputs (original factory stereo also included, it still works.
THE FUNKY STUFF
- Surface rust at several panel joints and bottom corner of windshield.
- 8" parking lot scrape just aft of sliding door. Minor dings and pits in other places. Black "decal" trim around windows peeling in places. Hey, it's a 25 year old car driven by humans.
- Intermittent low idle stall - I'm told this is probably a vacuum leak but haven't tracked it down. Annoying but livable.
- Rear heater fan blows a fuse when you turn it on.
- Gas gauge and temp gauge are intermittent. Spedometer and Tach are fine. Dash clock resets to 1:00 intermittently. Stick on velcro clock battery included :-)
- Heater controls light intermittent. Heater and controls work fine, AC blows cold.
- Passenger side mirror no longer remotely adjustable after losing argument with a bush. Kludgy temp repair holds it in place solidly, but a purist might want to fix.