1987 VANAGON - Bostig Syncro + Westy Interior High Top
Price: US $31,000.00 Item location: Des Plaines, Illinois, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- SubModel: High Top
- Type: Van Camper
- Trim: Syncro
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 179,000
- VIN: WV2YB0250HG071614
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: 2.0l Ford Zetec (2002)
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon SyncroHello There,
Its time to thin out the last of the vanagon herd. This van has been our most used by far with it being my reliable daily driver in the summer and cross country camper during our weekend trips. We have also put four 1200+ mile trips in the van in the past two years. Excellently cared for.
Up for sale (or trade) I have my 1987 Vanagon Syncro w/North American HighTop, full westy interior, and Bostig conversion. This is a Tintop syncro that was converted by me over the past 2 years into what you see. I have taken my sweet time making sure each bit was made with the end finish in mind and overall I am very happy with the interior. The high top was installed by the east coast installer of North American high tops. The space this top affords up top is unreal, which makes it perfect for winter camping or for 4 people excursions.
- Whole van Painted (2011)
- Trans Rebuild (Nov 2011)
- Bostig Conversion with lower mileage motor that was installed 2016 (~65k on motor)
- 179k on odometer
- Re-built shifter linkage mid 2015
- Alloy 15" rims
- Gowesty Springs
- Rear Diff Locker (I never use it so the actuator sticks, it does work though).
- Sewfine Interior panels
- Full Westfalia interior out of an 82 van (sink in not plumbed, tank included with sale)
- Stove works great (largest propane tank installed 2016)
- Aux Battery w/auto disconnect when engine is off
- Charger for Aux battery (From 110V shore power/campsite)
- 110 volt AC power outlets from Aux battery
- Top mounted Rain-Proof Vent fan (very nice to have)
- Interior LED lights
- All Exterior bulbs are LED (headlights too, very nice)
- Front Passenger seat is swivel mounted
- Minor rust spots under the van that can be cleaned up pretty easily.
- No AC
- OEM westy fridge removed for extra storage
- Clear Title
Price is $31,000 OBO - Very Motivated Seller and up for trades! Considering bugs and buses + cash (depending on trade value of course)
The top bunk bed slides out after the orange lock has been disengaged. I have a youtube video of the interior setup that can be shared easily, text or call to ask for it since I cant link it in the ad. Not shown in the photos is the bed foam for the top. 2 adults sleep up top with no problems.
The body is very straight with no dings or dents and the clear/paint is in excellent condition. There are small starter spots of rust on the lower portions of the van that, if handled within the next few years, will be very easy to fix. We dont use it in the winter and keep it stored so as to keep it out of the salt. This is our fair weather van only. The sale comes with a cover meant for this high top from Busdepot. Previous owner had the paint job done so I am not sure on the color code of the paint. He said it was a match of an OE van color.
I have lots of extra photos in a google drive I can send over if you are curious about the rust spots or underside of the van. Dont hesitate to ask and ill send the link.
Please text or call for any questions. I dont check my email very frequently.
Willing to drive the van out ~8-10 hours from 60016 if you want to meet up. Also willing to have the van transported by a freight company if checks clear and such. I have shipped vans out to the west coast before with great success (costs about $900-$1100 to west coast, East coast would be cheaper).