1991 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon Westfalia Camper. Garage kept when not traveling.
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- SubModel: Westfalia Camper
- Type: Van Camper
- Year: 1991
- Mileage: 192,645
- VIN: WV2ZB0252MG010926
- Color: Orly Blue
- Engine size: 2.1 WBX
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Power Streering, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1991 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon
Garage kept when not traveling and/or in winters. All highway mileage since I've owned it (11 years and approximately 100,000 miles) only used for traveling, not a daily vehicle. A few dings and scratches as would be expected on a 25-year-old vehicle, with the original paint. With the exception of the dent on the left rear corner (see pictures) the body is in very solid and in very good shape.
During my ownership, the engine has required absolutely no major repairs. Still a strong runner with oil pressure of 30 PSI at 3,000 RPM after an hour of highway driving. I don't know if the cylinder heads were ever resealed, but they don't leak adrop.
Upgrades and improvements include:
• Go Westy 16" wheel and tire package.
• Go Westy new propane tank.
• Go Westy Auxiliary battery kit.
• Go Westy Headlights and headlight relay kit.
• Go Westy braided stainless break lines.
• Go Westy side screen door, professionally customized to perfect a fit.
• Go Westy carpet.
• Van CafÃ© oil pressure gage kit.
• Rear hatch screen.
• Fiamma Awning.
• Fiamma Bike rack.
• Bilstein shocks.
• Have all original curtains, tables and legs.
Newer Replacement parts:
• C.V. joints
• Upper and Lower Ball joints.
• Tie rod ends
• Control arm bushings
• Air flow meter
• Fan resistor
• Some road rash on front covered by the bra.
• Small tear in upper right hand corner of pop top canvas.
• Dent in left rear corner. (See Pictures)
• AC not working.
• Refridge removed to add shelving. Have original refridge and parts for reinstall is desired.
• Flywheel seal leaking oil - still very drivable - just an annoyance.
• Pops out of first gear occasionally. Has been doing this since I bought it and hasn't gotten any worse.
In the past eleven years, we have enjoyed many miles of adventures and fun throughout many parts of the country and she has never let us down.
It's very hard to find one without a trace of rust such as this one.
She will be greatly missed and I personally feel there is no reason she can't go on for another couple of decades.
***If you are not sure about something, ask questions!!!!
***If you are in the area and would like to see it, contact me.