1983 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia camper van - runs great
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- SubModel: westfalia full camper
- Trim: L
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 191,437
- VIN: WV2ZB0259DH087917
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: 2.1 L 4 cyl
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4-speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon LThis is a lovely 1983 VW Vanagon Westfalia camper van.This is a good running, dependable bus, which has made many trips across the USA. It spent most of its life in sunny Florida. It starts right up and takes off with no hesitation. Records from all owners are available. Overall, it in excellent shape. The bus has a clean Indiana title and current registration. It is ready for a new owner to build new memories!
- 2.1 Liter 4 cylinder engine upgrade in 2006(replaced at 163,985. Based on information from previous owner, estimated ~50,000 total miles on engine.)
- 4 speed manual transmission- Manual windows and door locks operational. Camping door works fine and lock works.
- Trailer hitch added
- Locking gas cap- Screens in side windows intact without rips- Upgradedaftermarket stereo and CD player with remote, removable face, and capability for satellite radio-Doors and body seals work well, no apparent leaks.- Original jack and tools + additional jack in rear seat
- Tow bar added with detachable brake lights for towing behind another vehicle- Trailer hitch added
- Includes Bentley Factory Service Manual and original owner's manuals for Vanagon and camper
Westfalia Camper Kit:
- Under-nose mounted spare tire (new)
- Swivel driver and passenger seats work well, smooth operation- Rear dining table - Sink and 13 gal. internal water tank with pump- Hookup for outside (city) water hose. see photo
- Stove (propane tank included)
- Pop-top in great shape with upper bunk and screens. Some mildew stains on felt headliner. No leaks.- Fiberglass top is in excellent original condition and free of leaks.
- Sleeps two on full-sized fold-down rear bench seat and two on upper bunk.- Upper and lower sleeping pads in excellent condition. (see photo)
- Re-covered driver, passenger and rear seat upholstery in fantastic shape.- Fridge runs off propane, battery, or electric. Previous owner states all are operational. Propane and battery have not been tested; electric works very well.
- Curtains have all been replaced, no fading.- Original snap-on driver's cab privacy curtain included, all snaps are in place.- Snap-on mosquito net for back hatch
- Closet with mirror and clothes-hanger bar (see photo)
- Overhead cabinet
- Overhead light with on/off switch works; very bright- Includes key for locking the external door to the internal water tank
New repairs/updates in May & June 2017 include:
- 4 brand new tires + new spare with 2 year road hazard protection from Tirerack.com (205/70R14 Altimax RT43)- New sway bar links/bushings- New inner and outer tie rod ends- New lower ball joints- New front and rear shock assembly- New side mirrors- New horn- New speedometer cable- New heater cable- New front stereo speakers- Replaced fire extinguisher- New rack & pinion boot kit- New air filter and oil change- Check/tighten distributor cap and spark plugs- Pressure test coolant system (small leak repaired)- Shift linkage replaced/repaired.
The van received a very thorough inspection and all known problems/maintenance items were addressed, except as stated below:
- Clock does not work.- Cosmetic blemishes (see photos): scratch on passenger side, rear bumper rust, rust on driver's side drip rails.Interior trim & finish is peeling in some places. None affect operation of vehicle.- Title & CarFax show "Not Actual Mileage" because it was originally registered exempt. Current odometer reading shows 191,437. Speedometer cable has been replaced.
This vehicle is also for sale locally, and the seller reserves the right to cancel any bids or cancel the auction for any reason before it ends. The vehicle is located in Indiana (ZIP Code: 47906). Buyer is encouraged to make an inspection – in person or through a service -- prior to placing a bid, at buyer’s expense. The closest commercial airports are Chicago (2 hours away) or Indianapolis (1.5 hours away) and buyer is responsible for his/her own transportation.Vehicle must be picked up via carrier or in person no later than 6July 2017. Buyer is responsible for all taxes, tags, and fees.
Winning bidder must make contact and pay $500.00 non-refundable deposit within 24 hours of auction's close or the buyer will be reported to e-Bay as non-paying and the vehicle may be relisted or sold to another bidder.Certified/cashier’s check, cash in person, or wire transfer are accepted for final payment. No personal checks.Full payment due within 5 business days or 7 weekdays of auction’s end, whichever is shorter.
I have endeavored to represent the vehicle’s condition as accurately as possible. As with any used vehicle, there may be signs of wear and tear that are unknown or that do not show up in the pictures or description.