1968 Volkswagon Bug
Price: US $3,500.00 Item location: New Bern, North Carolina, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 83,245
- VIN: 118152798
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 1600cc
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Volkswagen Beetle - ClassicI have for auction a really nice 1968 Volkswagen Bug. This car was sitting behind a gentleman's house for years. He didn't want to sell it but he didn't want to let it sit and go to crap any more. It was his daily driver for 10 pulse years, and then he parked it.
It is a really nice bug for a 1968, and in very good condition. It runs, drives and stops very well. I found over $1500.00 dollars in receipts of things that had been done to the car, in the last 18 years or so. The car had a 3000.00 paint job in 2001 and I have a receipt for that as well. Originally it was white. Over all great car! Here some things that it needs or things I recently fixed.
- Needs tires. Tires are dry rotted from sitting.
- Installed all new door panels and in the back as well.
- Currently has 1967 reupholstered front seats. Back seat was done as well.
- Small hole in the pan, not bad though.
- Just put on new Master Cylinder, brakes work fine now.
- Some dings, the hood is the worst, looks like a limb fell on it at one time. I took a good close up picture just so everybody sees it. Some bubbles in the paint, (not to bad).
- Didn't come with a radio, it didn't have it when i bought it.
- I do have the front seat belts, i will throw them in with the car.
- Ignition key dose not spring back so you have to turn the key back a click or the starter will stay engaged. (not a big deal more annoying then any thing else).
- Exhaust pipes are good but the muffler is shot.
Hit me up if you have any questions.
On May-08-17 at 03:17:47 PDT, seller added the following information:
Man, I totally forgot to put up a picture of the engine. Ebay will not let me add another picture. Anyway its your average VW 1600cc engine. And yes its in there, if you want a picture of it just let me know and ill send you one.