1981 Volkswagen Vanagon Bus - Over 2K In Brand New Parts - Low Miles
Price: US $1,025.00 Item location: Winter Springs, Florida, United States
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Trim: Vanagon
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: 82,400
- VIN: WV2YA0252BH057184
- Color: Yellow & Ivory
- Engine size: Air Cooled Fuel Injected
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown & Cream
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1981 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon VanagonBeautiful vintage 1981 Volkswagen Vanagon made in Germany, clean title and only 82K original miles!
This van was in storage for many years and is an original survivor that overall is in significantly better condition that most 35 year old VW's - solid low mileage engine, interior, body metal and chassis.
This vanagon has its original rare and very desirable air cooled fuel injected VW engine (these were only made a few years! - then VW went to the less desirable water cooled. The van idles good, drives, shifts gears and runs great overall - at highway speeds the suspension and steering feel very solid due to the new many parts. When you start the van you do have to rev for half a minute or so until warmed up, but once warmed up it idles great. These don't have all that much horsepower - but we've had it up to 65mph on a flat road and it feels very comfortable.
Cosmetically the paint has been touched up in several areas on the van, the pictures unfortunately do not show this well, but the paint and body is not perfect in some areas with the usual scratches, chips, dings; the roof has primer and needs to be painted - we have a brand new very expensive can of VW matched paint for the roof which we are including, simple job for any shop to apply. The bumpers have dings/dents as pictured, especially front bumper. The undercarriage is in very good shape - no bad rust, rocker panels are solid with only minor surface rust (most vanagon rocker panels are completely rotted out). The interior is amazing for a 35 year old van, but has regular wear from age including rips, scratches etc. (we should point out there is no stereo receiver installed in the dash, its an easy addition).
Over $2600 In New Parts (See Last Picture For Full Parts List):
- 4 New Tires Mounted & Balanced
- Fresh Tune Up w/ Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Cap, Rotor & Fuel Filter
- New Clutch Installed (Pressure Plate, Disc, Bearing)
- New Exhaust EMPI Muffler
- New Engine Battery
- New Front Brake Rotors, Bearings & Seals
- New Brake Master Cylinder
- New Clutch Master Cylinder
- New Fuel Tank & GoWesty Updated Fuel Line Re-Sealing Kit
- New Fuel Pump
- New High-Output 1847V Electronic Ignition Kit & Coil
- New Air Flow Meter Intake Boot
- New Oil Pressure S/W & Boot
- New Temperature Sensor
- New Crankshaft Oil Seal, Flywheel O-ring
- New Wiper blades
- New Rear View Mirror
- New Window Cranks
- New Passenger Side Taillight
- New Front Window & Wing Window Seals
- New Center Shifter Rod Bushing
- New Bumper End Caps
Serious bidders with funds only. If you have any questions feel free to email me, the reserve is $4900 just to cover our parts etc - but the van is worth so much more!