1984 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia Camper Westy - Fully Restored
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Type: Van Camper
- Trim: Campmobile Van Camper 3-Door
- Year: 1984
- Mileage: 165,000
- VIN: wv2zb0254eh038030
- Color: White
- Engine size: AAZ Turbo diesel With Veggie Burner Kit
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Grey/Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon Campmobile Van Camper 3-Door
1984 VW Vanagon Westfalia with 164k on chassis. Diesel conversion engine has 200 miles.
This is the sweet ready to cruise Westy you have been looking for. Go anywhere!
- Newly Installed Eurovan seats.
- New GoWesty window seals
- New SewFinecarpet
- New custom upholstery
- New GoWesty accessory battery and wiring
- New starter battery
- New High Torque starter
- Newly rebuilt Bosch alternator
- New Inverter
- New Wynter 45qt portable Refrigerator/freezer
- New ARB Touring Awning
- New Kenwood Bluetooth Stereo and speakers
- New aluminum rims
- New exhaust and chrome tailpipe
- New brakes pads, calipers and rotors
- Thule car topper and rails
- New 100 watt solar panel and regulator
- New Diesel forced air heater included (not yet installed)
- New Gowesty sink drain and new electric sink faucet
- New VanCafeskylight
- New GoWesty camper hookups
- New VanCafe rubber seal kit installed on gas tank(a common Westy problem)
- Propane system works great
- New cup holders installed in dash
- New cell phone holder installed on dash
- Complete privacy curtain
The engine conversion was installed by Northwest Connecting Rod,a custom VW shop near Seattle, WA that has been doing engine conversions andinstallations for over 20 years. They installed a VW turbo diesel 1.9L AAZ engine from a Jetta with 40k miles. The installation includes custom engine mounts, and custom intake and exhaust to fit the Westy. At the same time they installed a new high-torque diesel starter and a newly rebuilt Bosch alternator. The transmission was professionally rebuilt and they installed a new clutch. To convert the engine to a veggie burner (capable of running on biodiesel grease fuel as well as standard diesel in the same tank) they installed an ANC - Elsbett greaseEnergy kit. This kit includes custom injectors and two separate fuel preheating systems. It is a truly versatile and bio- friendly engine and yes, it smells like popcorn from the exhaust when you are burning biodiesel. You can run it off diesel, biodiesel, or a mixture of the two.
All windows were removed prior to body workand all rust and dents (minor to begin with) were removed. Professionally painted, including door jams. Professionally Rhino-sealed on bottom for ultimate protection and two-tone look. New GoWesty bumpers. All window seals werereplaced with new GoWesty seals. All the locks are keyed the same.
The ambitious and earth-conscious driver could easily set up their own homemade biodiesel refining station in their garage and run the car for free using recycled fry oil from local restaurants.
With the installed solar panel and auxiliary battery kit you can live off grid as long as you want!
It's the nicest Veggie Burner Camping and touring Westy in the US.